Chapter 15 ~ The Dark Kiss

Julian's POV
"Come on, dad, I hate being alone," I whined.
"Julian! You're an Alpha! Not a child! No Alpha whines! Do you understand?" I sighed and nodded. Ever since my mom left, my dad resigned from his Alpha position and made me take it instead. My mom and dad both agreed to hand me the position. An Alpha, however, isn't strong enough without his Luna, or his mate. I groaned at the thought of how most of my friends already had their mates. My thoughts drifted to Aria. She was special wasn't she? What made me think about her so much? Could she be my mate? No way, that's ridiculous. I suddenly remembered that Aria had to meet Sebastian today. I quickly stood up and excused myself, racing right out the door.

I finally reached her house and I knocked softly. No answer. I knocked a little harder, but still no answer. Could she have left already? I glanced at my watch. No way could she have left, it's still 3:56! I started to panic, making my wolf take control. I kicked the door open and searched the house.
"Aria? Aria, where are you?" I came across her room and before I can open it, I heard a faint sob. What happened? I knocked.
"Aria? Aria please let me in. What happened?" I heard her sobs stop and the door unlocking. She was a mess. Her perfect hair was frazzled and her eyes were pink from crying.
"Aria? What happened?"
"She left. She left me. I hate her," she whispered.
"Who left?" I couldn't understand anything.
"My mom." I was shocked. Her mom was the only family she had, and she left her?! Man if I see that piece of- never mind.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, patting her back slowly and carefully. She shook her head.
"Let me get ready to meet Sebastian," she said, her voice a little louder. I nodded and she went to her closet. I watched her pull out a floral dress about knee length, golden boots with a heel, and sunglasses. She blushed when she noticed me looking.
"Can you.. Umm.. You know?" She muttered. I instantly understood and I walked outside. I hope she will be okay. After all, we still don't know who Sebastian is. Or more importantly, what he wants.

Aria's POV
I slip on my floral dress and my boots. Before putting on my sunglasses, I combed my hair and applied some lipgloss. I took my messenger bag with me and wore the sunglasses making my way out of the door. I went downstairs finding Julian there.
"You ready?" He asked.
"Yeah," I replied. He nodded and walked outside, and gestured for me to follow him.
"Aria, you're going to have to go alone, but I will change into my wolf and scout the area, okay? If anything happens, yell my name. I won't be far. I'm just worried," he explained.
"Okay, I promise I'll yell for you," I replied.
"Don't be that stubborn badass I know, because no matter how much of a bad girl you are, you won't be able to take down an army, so take my offer," he instructed firmly. I nodded.
"Before you go, what's your wolf's name?" I asked, slightly blushing. He grinned.
"My wolfs name is Caleb," he said.
"That's a nice name," I complimented.
"What's yours?"
"My wolf's name is Nyx," I replied.
"Wow, that's beautiful," he said in awe. I giggled, and with that, he changed into his wolf. I nodded and he ran forward into the woods. I trailed behind him.

After walking a few miles, I was exhausted. I sat on a tree stump while Julian hid farther away, and we both waited for Sebastian. I was going to open my bag when I heard a branch crack under someone's foot. I looked down to see if my boot made that sound, but no such luck. Instead, I felt a shadow tower over me.
"Hello, beautiful," he said with a smirk. I instantly stood up and brushed my dress.
"Aria I presume?" He confirmed. I gulped and nodded. At this point, my heart was beating so loudly, that I was sure Julian can hear it from where he was. I finally calmed myself down enough to speak.
"Is there anything you wanted me for?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.
"Actually there is. Aria, I'm not here to hurt you. I just want to warn you," he said.
"Warn me about what?" I said, building up a bit more confidence than before.
"Your mom has been taking drugs, and she isn't safe to be around you. She left at her own will, but she joined an enemy pack, and she might be back. Be careful, Aria. Not everyone you trust is going to be good to you. My mom always used to tell me a special quote. She said 'Never trust anyone in this world, because even your shadow leaves you in the darkness.' She was really nice." Tears in his eyes were now visible.
"What happened?" I asked, rubbing his back.
"She passed away. Killed by the SilverMist Pack," he said. SilverMist? Wait a moment.
"As in my pack?" I asked. I took my hand off his back. He merely nodded. I felt ashamed, and I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks.
"Sebastian, I'm so sorry," I whispered. He nodded, and he leaned close to my cheek.
"You look beautiful tonight," he whispered.
"Thank you. So how old are you?"
"16," he said with a smile. He leaned in closer and kissed my cheek, making me shiver. I felt tingles in my spine, and it felt amazing. He suddenly pulled back.
"Ar-Aria, you're my-" I interrupted him, but finished his thought.
"Mate." We stared at each other.
"What do we do now?" I asked, visibly shaking.
"Don't worry, Aria. Go home and act like nothing happened. You don't have to live with me if you don't want to. Let's keep everything sealed for now. A secret. Can you do that for me, Aria?" He whispered, drawing circles into the palm of my hand.
"O-of course," I muttered.
"You're amazing," he said. "I'm so lucky to have you as my mate." He was now leaving kisses down my neck and close to my collar bone, near my mark spot.
"Se-Sebastian," I moaned.
"What is it, baby?" He whispered.
"We can't," I squeezed my eyes shut.
"I know baby, I won't hurt you," he promised. He ran his hands down to my waist and picked my up. I gasped.
"Aria, are you disappointed that you're my mate?" He whispered into my neck.
"N-no," I stammered.
"Good," he said, leaning in against my cheek. The end of his lip brushed against mine. I closed my eyes, breathing heavily. He pulled back a bit, and I looked him in the eyes. His scarlet hair was plastered across his forehead, and his charcoal brown eyes sparkled in the moonlight. Moonlight? It's getting dark. As I was going to pull away, he smashed his lips against mine, and sparks flew everywhere. I was too surprised to move at first, and I could feel him smirk under his lips. Our lips moved in sync, and he bit my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I kept my mouth closed firmly, and his eyes sparkled brighter. He moved his hands down to my hip again, and gave a light squeeze, making me gasp. He moved his tongue inside, exploring my mouth. We fought for dominance, him winning in the end. Curse my current shock of the situation. He pulled away slowly, his eyes never leaving mine.
"Thank you," he whispered.
"For what?" I asked, brushing a strand of hair from his eyes.
"For tonight. I didn't think you'd let me kiss you and-" I cut him off right there.
"You're welcome," I whispered. His hands left me, and he walked away, fading into the pitch black forest. This was a night I won't forget.

Sebastian's POV
I only had one concern on my mind. Her. She was going to get hurt because of me. What have I done?
----------------------------------------------
Hi everyone!
OMG THEY KISSED!!
How do you guys feel about them being mates? Trust me, if you don't like them being mates, don't be disappointed, you'll like what happens in the next chapter. *Smirks*
As you guys know, update will be as soon as possible. I don't have a usual dats set.
No questions this time, I'm going to let your thoughts wander everywhere. Yes, I'm going to make them fly everywhere.
Crowd: She's walking on stage!
Twilight: Here I am! *Notes fly everywhere*
Twilight: Darn these index cards. They're way too light...

Image above:
Sebastian Dusk
👆👆

Happy reading!
~Twilight ✨✨