Chapter 26 ~ War

Julian's POV
Flashback
"Daddy, we can't fight them. It's wrong to kill people!"

"Shut up!" My dad roared, as he ordered his troops to attack.

I went out a fought as best I could, and I think I did an okay job for a nine-year old.

We were attacking a pack that I didn't know the name of, and we were targeting the Alpha.

We ended up losing, and I had lost my siblings.

End of Flashback

SilverWater Pack was the pack we attacked when I was younger.

Liam probably still remembers, and he wouldn't be willing to help me, would he? We killed his father!

No, I have to at least try.
For the sake of Aria.

"Warriors!" I called. "We have to reach SilverWater Pack as soon as possible. It's urgent. It's about two territories from here, so we should go now. Jason, alert the Alpha that we are leaving. The rest of you, meet me outside."

They all nodded and went to their assigned places. I, on the other hand, had one more thing to do.

Mr. Brian excused himself to talk to the Alpha, and I smiled gently. This was my chance.

I rummaged through his paperwork and files until I found Aria's.

Aria Lynn
Age: 13
Grade: 8th
Pen Pal: Liam Cade

I suppressed a sigh as I flipped through the papers inside. Surprisingly, they were all copied, with the black smudges of ink on the bottom.

I took them all out, folded them, and hid them in my coat pocket. When I heard feet shuffling, I left the room silently and swiftly to meet my pack outside.

"Let's go!" I commanded, as I shifted into my wolf and led the pack.

I was going to have to hurry.

Aria's POV
My eyelids felt heavy as I made an attempt to open them. My head throbbed and I winced at the amount of pain.

When my vision finally cleared up, I took in my surroundings. The room was painted a pale white and computers sat on every desk.

Realizing what I was in, I gazed down to what I was laying down on. Unfortunately, my assumption was right.

I was in a laboratory. And I was the test subject.

Julian's POV
Finally reaching our destination, I wasted no time in crossing the borders and into the territory. My pack did the same.

Of course, a few guards questioned our sudden appearance, but they didn't say anything when I told them that I was an Alpha, and I needed to speak to Liam urgently. In fact, they accompanied my pack and I to his room, and I gently knocked after hey left.

"Wait here," I whispered to my pack, before the door opened.

I took in Liam's appearance as he did the same. I hesitantly cleared my throat, and he did the one thing I didn't expect him to do.

He shut the door.

And left me hanging.

Outside.

Aria's POV
The slightly-ajar door creaked open, and my breathing became heavy. As I thought, Sebastian stepped in, wearing a lab coat.

"What did I tell you Aria? Your big mouth was going to get you nowhere," he smirked.
"You never said that," I smirked back. His own drooped but rose against when he checked the surroundings.