Chapter 25 ~ Done For

Aria's POV
Sebastian's pack house was huge- or actually, huge was an understatement. Although it was rusty and seemed old, the building towered much higher than Julian's, and it made me nervous.

Sebastian put his arm around my waist roughly, and pushed me inside.

Okay, maybe he's just mad I'm taking forever to get inside?

His expression was harsh as he made his way towards an even older room, if that's possible, all while pulling me close.

The door shot open before he can knock, and Sebastian smiled meekly.

"Took you long enough, son," an old voice sneered through the doors I couldn't peek through.

Son? He's introducing me to his dad? Now?!

I barely just arrived and now I'm meeting the Alpha.

What joy.

Sebastian's tightened grip made me snap out of my trance as he lead me into the dark room.

No lights.

The atmosphere was the exact opposite of friendly, and the silence between us wasn't exactly breaking the tension.

"She's here," Sebastian whispered. I could barely even hear him.

"Well then, do your job," his dad replied confidently.

Sebastian turned to me and gave me a quick peck on the lips before running his hand through his messy hair.

"Aria, I'm so sorry," he whispered softly, before nodding to the guards near the exit.

"W-what's going on?" I asked while squirming and kicking. "What are you doing?!"

"Don't worry, I picked out a room full of rats and cockroaches to keep you company, baby. Have fun!" Sebastian replied.

Rats? Cockroaches?

Room?

You're the stupidest person I've ever met! Nyx complained, whimpering softly.
Maybe that's because I'm the ONLY PERSON YOU'VE MET, I sneered back.
He's locking you in the dungeon asshole. Why can't you be normal for once and actually pay attention to what's going on? She sighed, blocking me out.

The guards threw me across the hard cement floor, and closed the door. I heard feet shuffling and realized they left me. I was alone.

Except of course for the mice and roaches.

Liam was right, I shouldn't have trusted anyone. Anyone at all.

I sighed shakily before remembering my parents and Julian. The pain seems to swallow me into a deep abyss that I can never escape. Somehow I think its my fault.

Maybe if I went with Liam this wouldn't have happened. He could have seen and helped me out of the dark I was in. The oh-so-familiar pain started to make my eyes gloss up as I remember both Julian and my parents. My breathing hitches and I let loose. The tears rushed down my cold face and leaving wet marks there as a path before dripping onto the cold floor I now lay on.

Why? Why is life so unfair to me?

I had to be the one to fall under pressure at such an age? Really?

The sobs slowly subside as I rocked back and forth, not even caring about the insects that were probably scurrying up my legs right now.

If I would have just accepted Liam's offer and not have been a total jerk this wouldn't have happened, would it have?

Liam.