Chapter 16 ~ Dress Mess

Sebastian's POV
I walked to the pack house alone, wondering how I was going to get her out of this mess. She was my mate! What was I going to say to my father? He's going to want her thrown into the dungeon, tortured! And heck, even killed! Why not? I was furious as I threw open the door to my father's office, not even bothering to knock. I know this was going to lead to some serious consequences, but that's not what was in my mind.
"Father-" I began. He cut me off and had a smile plastered on his face. Oh no. Did he know that she was my mate?
"Congratulations, son! I'm retiring from my position as Alpha," he said proudly.
"And?" I cocked my eyebrow up.
"And, you're going to be the new Alpha!" Oh please no. Wait a second, this can actually benefit me. If he's not the Alpha anymore, he can't hurt Aria!
"Okay, I accept," I grin.
"Good. Before you become the Alpha however, you have to pass a small test," he said, a smirk making its way up on his face. This is not good.
"And what's the test exactly?" I say worriedly.
"Alpha Julian Prescott, of the SilverMist Pack, has a birthday party coming up tomorrow. Your task is quite simple. Make sure his mate, is dead." He emphasized the word, dead. This is officially his idea of a hell-hole. If he hates me this much, can't he just tell me?! The word 'hate,' however, gives me a great idea.
"Simple. I accept your challenge, Alpha," I say. This time, it's my turn to smirk. He won't even know what hit him, until it's too late. Literally.

Aria's POV
Sebastian is my lifelong partner.
Sebastian is my other half.
Sebastian is my mate.
I ran these thoughts over and over again in my head. And I here was afraid. I scoffed, not in a million years. Sebastian loves me. He kissed me! And soon, he might mark me. Can this day get any better?! I hop over to where Julian was hiding, grinning like a maniac.
"And what's with the good mood today?" He grins, brushing a strand of hair away from my eyes. I let out a growl, and he takes a step back, startled. No one is allowed to touch me except my mate. No one.
"Whoa, calm down, Aria. I was only making sure your hair didn't get in your eyes. Chill," he said. I relax and take a deep breath.
"Sorry, I'm just exhausted today. A lot of things happened you know? I just want to sleep," I mumble. I wasn't going to tell anyone about my mate. I promised Sebastian. He shrugged, but still seemed hurt. If I hadn't found my mate, I would have given him a light kiss on his cheek, and he would like it. But truth be told, I have found my mate. Sorry Julian.

The walk home was silent. He dropped me off at my porch and asked if I needed anything. I thanked him and said no.
"Well, if you need anything, give me a call okay?" He muttered.
"Okay," I reply.
"Good night," he waves as he's leaving.
"Night Julian!" I shout behind him. I shut the door and jog upstairs, eager to get in my cozy bed and snuggle under the warm covers. Thank god it's Friday. I quickly change my clothes into my comfortable pajamas, brush my teeth, and jump into bed. Pulling the covers over me, I shut the lamp off, and let myself be escorted to the land of dreams.

I woke up to the sound of the singing birds outside. Well, at least it wasn't the alarm clock. I mutter under my breath, something that would probably get me in trouble under normal circumstances. Note the word, "normal." I get into the bathroom and wash my face, then brush my teeth. I take a quick shower, letting the warm water brush against my back, soothingly. I finish and go downstairs, debating whether I should make pancakes or French toast. Checking the fridge, I realize I don't have enough blueberries to make blueberry pancakes, the only pancakes I eat. French toast it is, then.

I finish breakfast and grab my phone. I just remembered Julian's party is today, and I have absolutely nothing to wear. I'm not going to be that one fool who goes to a party in jeans and a top. No way, I'm going shopping for a dress. That looks decent, and not something I wear to school. Only one person I knew had a lot of experience in party wear. I dial her number and wait for her to pick, which she did after three rings.
"Aria? Is everything okay?" I heard a groggy voice say.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I need you to help me with something," I say.
"What do you need help with?"
"Julian's party is today, and I have nothing to wear," I complained. I heard a squeal on the other end, followed by a deep breath. I giggled.
"Well, I'm glad you finally came to your senses and decided to ask your aunt Elina," she says proudly. Yeah, I regret asking her now.
"Umm, actually, I'm two months older than you," I comment.
"I'll be there in a few," she said, ignoring my comment.
"Okay, thanks."
"Should we pick up Celia as well?" She offers.
"Good idea," I reply.
"Okay, I'll pick her up on my way over," she confirms.
"Okay, bye." I end the call and run back to my room, opening my closet to find what to wear. I finally decide on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. Nothing too snazzy. I tie my hair in a ponytail and add some blush before taking my purse and my phone. Not to mention my keys and credit card. After a few minutes, I hear a loud honk from my drive way, and I realize it's Elina. I quickly run out and lock the door behind me, hopping into the car.
"Shopping, here we come!" Elina cheers, making both Celia and I laugh. I have such good friends.
****Should I stop here Nah... ;)**************

Alpha's ArbitriumOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara