Let's Play A Game, Alpha

"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped closer, the thick muscles between our layers of clothing pressing against my back. He dipped his head. I could feel his lips against my ear when he spoke. "When, Victoria? I am tired of fighting with you. I know you want me just as much as I want you. Admit it."

I couldn't.

"Admit it, Victoria!'' Lucian's voice went deep when he raised it. Goosebumps prickled my entire body as he whirled me around so that we were face-to-face. I exhaled softly, hating the dominant position he had over me. Lucian wretched my chin up. His eyes were burning with a lustful smoulder. "Admit it." he repeated angrily.

"N-no." Oh, I would definitely get myself killed tonight. I knew my defiance was angering him further but saying I wanted Lucian would mean I was accepting defeat. And I didn't do that.

Love was a game and I was determined to win it.

Author: HessianKills

Rating: 10/10

Review: From the beginning to the end you will constantly be on the edge of your sitting, anticipating what is coming next. The gradual build up of the relationship between Victoria and Lucien makes it more realistic despite the fact that Lucien is a werewolf. There's a bit of playfulness, roughness and pure love/lust in their relationship which just makes shipping them easy as eating food. One thing I really liked is the ambiguous ending. The reader themselves can imagine what their future will be together without anything contradicting that. And now you all must know what I'm about to say next - t'is officially a Bucket List Book.

COMPLETED