The Coffee Shop - Matt Espinosa Imagine

*from my Tumblr*

www.graceelizabeththefab.tumblr.com

Matt Espinosa Imagine

I stared aimlessly into my coffee mug, fiddling with the pages of the newest book I was reading, Prodigy. The strands of my hair fell over my cheeks casually, the sun shining though the auburn pieces. The comfy boots I'd received for Christmas hugged my feet tightly as they kicked the bottom of the stool I sat on.

I looked up from the page, frustrated with the main characters, and looked out the window to the snow filled streets. I was out of school today for the weather had been too severe for driving. Not too many people were on the streets, most inside their homes cuddled up by the fire with a loved one.

I don't have a boyfriend if you're asking. No one to cuddle up to the fire with.

I sipped from the mug, the coffee warming my cold, raw body. Just as I was about to look back down to my book, the coffee shop door jingled open and a freezing gust of wind blew in and fluttered the pages of my book.

I looked up, surprised by the sudden change of temperature, and glanced at the incoming customer.

Oh, Gosh, he was gorgeous. Even though I could only see the back of his head (as he was standing at the counter ordering a drink), I could tell that he was attractive.

He had broad shoulders, the kind that you could see a little girl riding on as they walked down the street. A somewhat muscular back and long strong-looking arms. He was tall, not too tall, just tall enough for me. He had on a pair of perfectly fitting jeans that hung down to his black boots.

Just as the barista came back to hand him the drink, his eyes wandered around the small shop until they finally landed on me - the only customer in the store besides the old man reading the newspaper in the corner.

His blonde hair was spiked up in the front, with a blue beanie covering the back. He had a cute nose… or what I thought was a cute nose. His eyes were a dark brown and lit up when they met with mine. As soon as he looked at me, my face flushed a dark red and I aimed my attention back to my book.

But contrary to what my thoughts wanted, the beautiful boy came and sat across from me.

"Mind if I take this seat?" He asked in a sexy deep voice that was sure to melt a million hearts.

"Uhh... N-no," I stuttered, barely choking it out. I mentally slapped myself for looking stupid in front of such an attractive human being.

"Whatcha reading?" He asked, lifting the cover of my book up.

"Oh it’s this book called prodigy. I like it, but the characters are bothering me!" I said, going into a full on rant. The boy just nodded, telling me he's read it too and had the same reaction.

We talked for the next hour, and the hour after that, and after that. It wasn't until 4:30 when I realized i needed to get home.

"Sorry, but my mom's gonna kill me," I said standing up and throwing my jacket on. I smiled pathetically trying to hurry out the door, even though I didn't want to. He seemed absolutely perfect.

"Wait, wait!" He called, grabbing my arm as I jogged out into the cold snow. I turned to face him. “I’m Matt… if you were wondering,” he said, adorably shy.

“I’m Y/N. I guess I gotta go,” I said, obliviously guessing that he didn't want to see me again after my careless rants.

“Wait, one more thing,” he said. “I’d like to take you out sometime…” He trailed off, smirking but avoiding my eye contact.

I blushed dark red. "Oh..." I giggled slightly before answering him. “I’d like that. Tomorrow?”

"Sounds great. I’ll see you then," Matt said, pecking my cheek and heading off in the opposite direction.