Nash vs. Hayes - Nash Grier Imagine for Bri

*from my Tumblr*

www.graceelizabeththefab.tumblr.com

Bri’s Point of View

I have had memories with the Griers as far back as I can remember. Because our fathers went to college together and we lived next door to each other, our families would consistently hang out and have parties together. Nash, Hayes and I were the best of friends, even though I was between the boys in age. Although I was a full year younger than Nash, we were still in the same grade level at school, with Hayes a year behind us. Something about Nash struck me. I had admired him for the longest time, and I never realized what it was until about three years ago.

We were bouncing around in the Grier’s basement, Skylynn rolling around on the floor with her pink floral sunglasses. She giggled loudly at Nash’s dancing. Hayes and I sat together on the couch, our eyes locked on Nash as he twerked for his baby sister. I laughed hard, my lips curling up into a huge grin at the older boy. My hands clasped around my stomach, and I doubled over in laughter. I could feel Hayes’ eyes on me while I giggled. I didn’t dare look over at him, though; my face would turn bright red.

“And remember, Skylynn,” Nash said, holding his phone up to the two of them, taking a Vine, “This is how you twerk!” Nash gave it one last shake as Skylynn laughed her little head off before he plopped down next to me. He laughed a little at himself as he uploaded the Vine to his account. My laughter subdued, and I just looked over at Nash’s face. His bright blue eyes were fixated on his iPhone screen, so I could get away with staring for now.

I knew I loved him. He was just so perfect. His blue eyes popping out on his adorably round face, with his pink lips sitting perfectly above his chin. Oh, how I wanted to feel those lips on mine. I shook off the thought, knowing it would never happen between us. We were too close of friends to ever have something more, and I knew that nothing good could come out of that kind of relationship. I couldn’t control myself, and I soon found myself almost drooling over his perfect hair. As the Vine popped up on his screen as uploaded, he looked over at me.

My face grew bright red and I looked straight down at my hands in my lap, trying to cover up my tomato-face.

“Hey, Bri-baby,” Nash always called me that… it was cute, “what were you looking at?” he asked, obviously flirting.

“Nothing… nothing…” I mumbled, covering up my mouth and cheeks with my hands. Hopefully most of the redness won’t show through my fingers.

“Oh I know you were staring at me… again,” he said, pulling me onto his lap. He wrapped his strong muscled arms around me and brought me closer into his chest. If it was even possible, my face flushed even more red. I must look like a prune. I just tried to look down as far as possible. Nash leaned his chin on my shoulder and whispered into my ear.

“I know you were,” he said quietly and seductively. I couldn’t take it anymore. It was just too much. I jumped out of his grip and ran upstairs, mumbling something about my mom calling for me. I stood next to the door, trying to encourage my mom to let us go home. I squeezed my coat against my stomach, trying to get rid of the urge to settle back into Nash’s arms. It just felt so perfect to me, sitting with him. But I couldn’t think that way… it was never going to happen.

My mom called to me from the kitchen. “Bri, honey, I’m not done eating. Go and play with the boys some more ‘til I’m ready to go, okay?” I rolled my eyes and reluctantly made my way back to the staircase. As I was descending the stairs, a frightened Skylynn ran up the stairs and accidentally bumped into my legs. I caught her just in time.

“Nashie and Hayes are fighting,” she said in her innocent and adorable voice, looking up at me with big scared eyes. I held her close to me, making sure the boys couldn’t see us. I shushed her as I leaned towards the wall, trying to listen in on their conversation.