Chapter 18: Demon Commander

================================
Chapter 18: Demon Commander
================================

Flight Armor... it can only be equipped and unequipped.

The disadvantage of it was that it was an [armor] and so, aside from a very few numbers of equipments that can be used under it, its overall defensive capabilities are almost negligible for it was only as strong as a C-Rank equipment.

Nevertheless, its flight speed was first class and is a level or two higher than its alternate, the Mechanical Wing Set or the so called [Flight Wings].

But at this moment, even after he had his Dragunov in its [disintegrated state] and the Flight Armor on its full speed, he was still unable to get away from the horde of monsters following him.

"I wish I had the control of the Flight Wings and the Speed of the Flight Armor together..."

Siva was gritting his teeth, Eibon and Steve in his hands, he was firing shots one after another if even one of the monsters got close to him and wanted him eaten alive.

Mind-rending sounds of jaws snapping together as if biting air could be heard whenever he manages to narrowly escape the large maws of the monsters he dodged. The angry roars of the second monster inline would echo right after it, then the call for food of the ones far behind would resound just after.

Siva turned around and smiled on what he saw on the furthest distance behind the horde of monsters.

Though the Demons numbered greatly and the sum total of their three warships' worth of alien personnel was twice as many as the monsters' combined, they are still being pushed back into a disarrayed state as their formations were broken and their ranks fell with the vicious nature of the monsters fused with their size.

"My problem is how to lure the commander."

The first part of the reckless plan was successful and thus, he voiced his concerns over their radio line.

"Their flanks are broken, what's the situation of the smokes screen?"

Right after he spoke, Volt replied, "It's been freed and it's turning out as you've said..."

"Yeah," Thorn's voice said. "I thought you were just spouting nonsense but I have to admit, this plan might actually work."

Siva felt relieved as he heard the reports. He twisted around as he dodged another maw that gnawed at the previous location where he had just been. He shot out six bullets and towards the monster's left eye but the monster only felt like there were flies flying around it as the bullets bounced off its thick scales.

When he saw this, Siva clicked his tongue and made a scan of the area. The Auricle's scan spanned the immediate 500m area around him and a small 3D rendering of a location close to his displayed a fog-covered area.

He ticked his tongue again as he kicked the air to speed up, using the trees and the forest as covers with utmost precision in the coordination of his mind and body to dodge the obstructions.

"The commander has yet to make an appearance. I don't think I can hold any longer here as well. The plan depends on whether the commander will endure his men being hunted down by the monsters or not. If it appears in person to hunt me down, then..." Siva closed his eyes and a flash of determination appeared on his expression. "This sacrifice and gamble would be all worth it."

The communication line was silent. Thorn and Volt had to agree that this reckless plan depended on the commander's AI algorithms.

If it was able to determine the plan, then it will be all in vain but if it thinks that killing the witnesses to the existence of their company was a priority, then it will see that this horde of monsters was a trap and will do all it takes for it to kill the three.