Chapter 49: Finding Providence II

================================
Chapter 49: Finding Providence II
================================

He doesn't appear on TV and there are only a few fleeting glimpse of him on the limited video and audio recordings of his exploits where he was included throughout Terroa.

But... he has a long standing reputation.

Kladis "The Blonde Knight", conqueror of Heartilia.

He led the famous castle invasion in the southern lands of Heartilia. That was his official title from the nobles and lords of the Southern Continent but to his enemies and the jealous and envious bunch, he has another famous name.

Harem King.

No woman is safe from him.

Queens, vagrants, pirates, priestesses, even the princesses and daughters of Imperial Kings and Majesties... his exploits to conquer both lands and women were known.

The so called Blue Card Legion is an open secret organization that controlled the largest Merchant Guild in the game, the Blue Card Merchant Guild, from the shadows... although no kind of proof had been laid out to claim the connection between these two untimely same-named organizations.

And yet from what people know, the Blue Card Legion's leader is this same person who is leading an invasion to the most glorious city in The North right now.

The Walled City of Alexandria, one of the oldest and historically important cities in RPG: Terroa.

Looking at the semi-transparent bluish dome of Mana erected 300m beyond the wall of the city, Kladis made a smile that was both enigmatic and sinister.

He opened his mouth and spoke, his voice echoing amplified by a magic circle on his feet. "City Lord Billion! Bring us Excalibur or face complete annihilation of your guild's branch in this city!"

It was both a declaration and an open provocation.

Blue Card Legion is declaring war to The Union!

NPCs only knew The Union to be an existence beyond the reach of ordinary people in their level.

Players, however, look at The Union in a different light that is tinge with fear and respect. The Union is a real-world organization and their strength is only second to that of the monetary power of Panorama Corp. and the economic superiority of the UNICORN.

But as a recognized global superpower, The Union is indeed a terrifying force in and of itself alone.

To declare war to their in-game counterpart is akin to declaring war to them in the real world.

What was the goal of The Union in the first place?

It is to stretch their hand to the global shares of the Panorama Corporation... to become the world's number one conglomerate magnate!

This invasion, outside of the reasons, is a clear slap to the face of their name.

In fact... this is actually the first time that someone had actually tried to invade a territory with the flag and name of The Union in it.

With a stomp on the ground, the blackrock floor bid a blunt sound as the weight of Billion's foot carried the indignation of such declaration.

"How dare you attack Alexandria! The Union had not carried any military actions in your territory. This is OUR city... we do not have the Excalibur or whatever it is you are claiming we are concealing in this place. Get lost while I still deem this display of your discourtesy as a mere child's actions! Get out of our city or the wrath of The Union shall befall you from this day forth until you die!"