Chapter 87: The Summoning

================================
Chapter 87: The Summoning
================================

She forgot, Pitou is a Thief and these people are players who put profit first before enjoying the game. Thieves in Terroa weren't uncommon but a specialized Thief-Class player was rare.

It can even be said that Pitou's skill set is better than Raven (one of Hagrid's henchmen) because Pitou's initial ability was helpful when it comes to 'owning' whatever Pitou had stolen on a target's inventory.

This is someone who invested at least 50% to their DEX stat in the initial part of their careers.

Siva spoke sternly, "I can't promise any salary or any of that sorts but I can promise you an island of your own and a few men, preferably NPCs, as subordinates."

Pitou smiled, "How many men, exactly?"

"More than a hundred, at least."

"I can train and do whatever I want with them?"

"As long as you won't betray me in the end, then yes, you can train and do whatever you want with them."

Right after he spoke, Scion stepped forth with both hands clasped in front of her chest. "Can you promise me that you won't betray Re.. I mean Siva in the future? We have had an experience and a fair share of traitors, I don't want to feel that same feeling again."

Niobe put her arm around Scion, "Poor you. Is that how you ended up being locked up here?"

Scion nodded and was powerless to detach herself from Niobe's latch.

Thorn was silently surprised by this. He knew very well who she meant by traitors and their fair share of it. This whole ordeal was made by a spy of The Legion in the first place.

Pitou, on the other hand, felt that declining this girl's request will be such a sin of some kind so in this kind of situation, there was no other choice but to accept.

"Well it's such a waste of those future bandit groups of mine, isn't it? I admit that I really wanted to establish my own bandit group. Following you around ain't an issue as well since you're part of a Grand Quest... hehe.."

Coralline was lost in her thoughts. It felt like she was in a daze when she look at the group on the other side and herself... alone... on this side.

"You people..." she could only grit her teeth as she eyed the other side. "Firstly, you treat these matters as if it's light. He tricked you and yet you still chose to follow him!"

Heller raised a palm I protest and spoke in a seemingly uncaring tone as per his usual, "Don't get me wrong here, Little Witch. I am not following him because I want to be ordered around. It's more like a personal interest. I play this game because I seek a thrilling experience. Unlike you, I have no pride whatsoever. I just want to fight until I am the best or I'm satisfied."

As he spoke, he looked at Thorn and couldn't help but remember that one annoying guy who moved around and appeared like a bug.

Then, he looked at Siva... the urge to fight was visible in his eyes, "Now that I came down to it, I can fight that guy whenever I want to, right"

Siva cleared his throat, "As long as he agrees with you, then yes you can."

"What about you?"

"Me? Hmm... after this mess, you can come and challenge me then."

"Heh." Heller came back to his usual silence but everyone around could feel the burning urge to fight heating up around him. "Deal."

Scion glanced over at Siva and recalled the hard path he had to traverse and then inhaled deep as he walked up towards the smaller Coralline.