Chapter 75: Stakes of the Duel

Hi!

Second chapter for the week!

Please VOTE and COMMENT if you liked the chapter.

================================
Chapter 75: Stakes of the Duel
================================

Siva calmly spoke, and then turned his head back at Kladis. "If you win, of course, you can keep your lives. I swear upon my divine name... let the Law of Heavens strip me of my divinity and live and die a mortal's life... that if I, Elder God Donar, ever go back on my word, then this curse shall then befall upon me and kill me on the spot!"

Kladis wanted to scream, he wanted to choke the NPC in front of him to death.

Stake the Rewloola?

It's absurd!

But then when he heard the oath that staked the very Divinity of an Elder God, he couldn't help but feel astounded.

Is such a thing exists?

His idea of the duel's prices lay somewhere on that line but he didn't expect that this Elder God will be so extreme as to actually vow against his own divinity.

Following his words, Siva was also gesturing upwards in the air as if presenting this vow to these so called Law of the Heavens.

And as if to confirm it, lightning strikes came from the hand of Akhenaton and these lightning strikes travelled and bound itself on his hand that held the Godhammer in it.

This gesture of Akhenaton really looked like he had sworn an oath to the heavens as the God of Lightning being his [divinity].

Still, the question remained, what's all these have to do with Kladis?

Lowering his arm, Siva looked at his right hand as if to ponder on something before speaking, "Now, you have made me curse myself with a vow. This is me, a Divine Existence, an Elder God, Exalted Immortal of all the Immortals... a High Being higher than your measly existence, giving you face."

Siva pointed the Godhammer on Kladis.

"Now, honor the duel. Give the contract. If I win, everything under the name of your Legion is mine. If you win, my Akhenaton is yours and I cease to exist as Elder God Donar."

Kladis felt startled but he braced and knew that this was an advantage over this Elder God. As he have now noticed, although he was a God, a supposed all-knowing existence, Elder God Donar is not aware of what ability his legion had and so, he also assumed that Donar is not aware of anyone else's ability.

After all, he had heard it as well: their divinity is being restrained here in the Mortal Realm.

S, he chose to wear a smile above his poker face. What more, aside from a poker face, he was indeed happy deep inside.

An Elder God... of course he was someone who relies on magic and abilities to fight.

He isn't aware of my ability and... of my domain.

But just in case, he still turned his head at Kira to ask about it, "Can we trust his oath?"

Kira shook his head.

"I'm not sure either." Kira continued, "But I'm certainly aware that the Law of the Heavens exists in this world and that all living beings created in this universe are bound by its restraints. If he had sworn his own divinity and name as Elder God Donar with the Law of the Heavens as the witness, then we can be sure that his words are considered sincere. Donar had taken an oath against his divinity and his divinity is lightning so we can be sure that the Law of Heavens had accepted his oath against his own divinity on that lightning show just now."