Chapter 2

Brooks stayed until everyone had left. Her shift at the resturant had ended not to long ago, and she wasn't worried about her boss. The Holy Knight had been moved out a couple minutes after the whole thing that happened, now she was just playing with her empty cup.

"Now, you and I both know a Holy Knight, drunk or not would go down that easily. Who are you?" The owner asked, standing in front of her, behind the desk, his face was serious, and to a normal person, it would scare them senseless.

"Someone who has personal issues with the Holy Knight." Brooks said simply as she stopped playing with her cup, meeting the boy's gaze calmly.

"That's not what I meant." The owner said.

"Look. There must be a reason the princess is here with you, and I feel it has something to do with the Holy Knights."

The Princess looked shocked, "How do you-?" She started.

"That earring." Brooks said simply, pointing to the blue orb. "Has your family crest on it, right? Any person educated in the kingdom could recognize it. You're lucky someone hasn't already."

By now, the pig and the blue haired man were standing around Brooks, and the giant was sitting calmly outside, listening in. Now that she was alone with them, she felt waves of strength coming off of all of them, strength that she had only felt once before, when she was in the castle around 12 years ago. she was quiet for a moment, she heard the owner ask a question, but she didn't move a muscle.

"Well, are you going to say anything?" The blue haired man asked. "Or are we going to have to get personal?"

Brooks chuckled slightly. "Oh, come on Ban. You and I both know you wouldn't do that just yet. Not without the word of your leader."

The four looked at her in shock.

"How do you...?" Ban started.

Brooks stood up, a small smile on her face. "I'm hurt that you guys forgot about us." She said quietly. "Then again, everyone has." Taking a deep breath, she turned to look straight into the owner's eyes, she knew him as Meliodas. "It's my pleasure to introduce myself. My name is Brooks Rein, sign of the water bearer, Aquarious, and leader of the Twelve Zodiacs."

"The... What?" Meliodas asked.

"The Twelve Zodiacs." Brooks repeated. "We were a group, much like you guys are now, with more people of course. Each one of us has the mark of the Zodiac sign we represent." She pulled down her sleeve, showing her sign that rested on her shoulder in black. "We were banished, just like you seven were ten years ago. They feared us, and they feared what we could do."

"Who did?" The Princess asked.

"The Holy Knights." Brooks answered darkly.

"Why would they fear you, you were on their side, right?" Ban asked.

"Yeah, but we weren't Holy Knights. We were called the Elites. Stronger then the Holy Knights, and able to take down a large kingdom in a single blow, five if we combined our power." Her eyes clouded, "They wanted to get rid of us."

"How did they do that?" Meliodas asked.

"The killed the king." Brooks said, her voice cracking.

That was when the princess perked up. "I've heard about that!" She exclaimed. "It's said that Twelve people came into the Kings bedroom at night and killed him!"

Brooks scoffed. "They said our Constellation Weapons were used."

"Your What?" Ban asked.

"Constellation Weapons." Brooks pointed towards the sword on Meliodas's back, "They're like your Sacred Treasures. A special object that was given to us by the king over 150 years ago, allowing us to use more of our power."

"Did you just say 150 years ago?" Meliodas asked.

"Yeah, what about that?" Brooks asked.

"How old are you?

"213, but who's counting anyways? Why do you ask?" She answered.

"No way, you look like you're 21!" Ban exclaimed, pointing at Brooks.

"Well, you guys are immortal too, right?" Brooks asked, "It's the same deal, well, I'm technically not immortal. My life span is just longer than a normal human's. Maybe it's because I'm half nymph."

"So that's why you were able to withstand the Siren's Ale." Meliodas realized.

"Of course! That tasted a lot like something my mother made for me when I was only 100! It could of actually been made by her. Anyways, I'm getting off track. I want to come with you guys."

"What?" Meliodas asked.

"You're going to find the other's of your group, right?" Brooks asked. "Then go after the Holy Knights? They've been doing something lately. Whenever they come to the restaurant I work at, it always sets everyone on edge. And I can feel dark power coming from them. They've been corrupted, much like they were all those years ago. I want to come with you, We can help." Brooks said.

"We?" The princess asked.

"Of course, I'm planning on finding my teammates, they can help. Not to mention it looks like you need another server." She glanced at the princess, who was blushing in embarrassment. Then she stood up and looked at Meliodas, "If you let me come with you and find my friends, I'll help you take down the corrupted Holy Knights." She held out her hand, "Is it a deal?"

Meliodas looked at her, then looked at the others, he nodded and took her hands. "It's a deal."