Chapter 26

Meliodas jumped up onto the arena, a smile on his face.

"Do your best out there, Captain!" Diane exclaimed with a smile on her face.

"Please be careful." Elizabeth shouted with concern.

"Just leave it to me!" Meliodas said, moving closer to the center of the arena.

"Promise you'll avenge me, okay?" King exclaimed.

Meliodas turned and walked away, "Do it yourself." He responded.

"We're betting on you, little man!" Brooks heard someone from the cheering crowd shout.

Brooks looked at the other person standing on the arena was the same old man that King had lost against.

The two started to walk closer to another, King starting to strike up a conversation.

"I have to say, you really are the spitting image of him." Cain said, "I had my suspicions the second that I saw you face, but when I heard that your name was Meliodaf, I knew I just had to be right." They met up in the middle, and stopped once they were a couple feet away from each other. "The truth is, is that you're Meliodas' son, that is the case, isn't it?"

"Actually," Meliodas started, pointing to himself, "I'm Meliodas if you wanna know."

King looked shocked, and leaned forwards. "You're talking nonsense, there's no way Meliodas could be a whippersnapper like you!"

Brooks herd Tut start to laugh. "Whippersnapper? How old is this guy?" He asked between laughs.

"Shut it, Bullbrain." Sierra said, looking extreamly amused, "It's rude to disrespect elders." With that, they were both in fits of laughter, and Brooks just sighed, once those two were together, they were uncontrollable.

Meliodas whispered something to Cain that Brooks wasn't able to hear, and the man suddenly started to kick at Meliodas, jumping up in the air and aiming for his head. Meliodas easily deflected all the blows, causing King to jump away, landing steadily on the other side of the arena. He tore off his cloak to reveal a tunic with a familiar symbol on it.

"No way, that's..." Brooks started.

"I swear I'll never forgive what you've done!" He shouted.

"Isn't that Danafor's crest, Commander?" Tut asked, looking over at Brooks.

"Old man, are you-" Meliodas started, and Brooks watched as King raised his hand, fire appearing in it.

"What possessed you to destroy the whole Kingdom?!" King asked, throwing a giant ball of fire at Meliodas.

At those words, Brooks tensed, "Danafor... is gone?" She asked. It had been around 100 years since she had been there, and she didn't really have time to check in on it when she was commanding the Zodiacs.

"What possessed you to kill all my people!?" Cain asked, sending another Fireball at Meliodas.

"Commander, are you okay?" Aria asked, placing a hand on Brooks arm.

she looked at Aria, feeling her eyes start to water, "Aria... is it... is it true that Danafor is gone?" She asked.

"Just look at that folks!" Love Helm shouted. "Meliodaf can't counter Cain's strange tactics!"

"I thought you knew." Aria answered, pain in her voice.

"What possessed you to kill Liz, the woman you loved!?"

The heat from the fire was unbearable, but Brooks couldn't care less about it. "Danafor." She muttered, "I heard rumors... but I didn't think the whole kingdom was gone..."

"What possessed you to betray every one of us!?" This time, the fireball Cain sent was giant, and hotter than the previous ones.

Meliodas looked up, straight towards the fireball. "I tried to save all of them, I wanted to protect, everything, but I... I failed, and that's the sin I bear. So this time-" He rose his hand towards the ball of fire, "I won't let it happen!" With that, the fireball disappeared, and the crowd looked on it shock, seems like a lot of things have shocked this crowd today.

"The Counter vanish technique." King stated, "The ability that can nullify any offensive magic that's pointed in your direction. Without a doubt, you're the same Meliodas I knew all right."

"And I remember you, King Barzard. Though it too me a while." Meliodas said.

"You finally remembered, huh?"

"Yeah, back when you were with the Holy Knights, you used to go under Barzard the Flame. You were always wearing a full suit of armor, too."

Brooks didn't listen to the rest of the conversation they were having, instead she started dully forwards. "I can't believe it." She muttered to herself. "The whole kingdom is gone."

"Commander..." Aria said, looking up at Brooks.

"I'll be fine, this just came to me as a shock." Brooks answered, forcing a smile on her face.

"I know, it's hard to hear that the place you were born has been destroyed." Aria muttered.

Brooks scratched her arm, "Yeah... not to mention all the people there are..." She trailed off and took a deep breath, "I'll be fine, I'll just need time to think later." She answered, looking back up at the arena to see Cain hugging Meliodas.

"Um, excuse me, what about the fight?" Love Helm asked

"I'll be forfeiting the match." Cain said, moving to walk off of the arena.

"What's this?" Love Helm asked, "King just admitted his own defeat! The winner of this festivals second Semi-final match is Meliodaf!"

The exchanged a few words, and King walked off the arena. It was now time for the final match.

Meliodas vs. Diane.