Chapter 21

"The finals of the Viazel fighting festival are about to begin!" Love Helm shouted, and Brooks looked up at the creature that was in the middle of the raised arena. "The rules are simple, matches are won by a sufficient enough K.O! And if you fall out of the ring, you loose. Let's get to the first match! Griamore vs. Matrona!"

Looking around at the crowd, Brooks spotted a smirking Tut and Sierra making their ways towards her, and she felt a sudden dread.

"Don't tell me you two were pitted together." She said as they walked up to her.

"Alright, we won't." Tut said, his grin widening.

"Just... promise me you won't kill each other, alright?" Brooks asked, letting out a small sigh.

"We don't want anything to happen to you two." Aria told them, slight fear and concern showing in her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, we'll be fine. Now let's watch this match, I can promise you it'll be a good one."

Rolling her eyes slightly, Brooks turned and looked at the arena, seeing the two people step on the arena, making their way to the center. As she scanned the crowd, Brooks noticed a familiar face among them. Then she shook her head, no... she died 150 years ago. She thought, but she couldn't help but stare.

She may have purple hair, but it was the face that was all too familiar to Brooks. A face that resembled a family member, tightening her fists, she forced herself to look away and pay attention to the match.

"Standing at seven feet tall, and weighing four hundred pounds, Grieamore!" Love Helm announced.

The crowd cheered at the introduction, and Brooks just narrowed her eyes, from the power coming off of him in waves, she knew exactly what he was. This Matrona girl better beat him to a pulp. Though it was unlikely, if she had been a normal person, from the power coming off her, Brooks felt that this match might be even.

"Standing five feet five inches tall, and weighing an undisclosed amount, Matrona!"

"What are her measurements?" Someone from the crowd asked, and Brooks scoffed, there were some men that were idiots through and through.

"They're 36, 23, 35." Meliodas said, and Brooks looked at him, slightly disgusted on how he knew that.

"How'd you come up with that?" King asked.

"Because we know who it is." Gabriel said, starling Brooks.

"Man, you've been so quiet, I almost forgot you were there."

"Oh. Sorry commander." They said, "This Matrona girl got me thinking. I had heard of someone with that same name ages ago, though I wasn't able to place where, or when, exactly I had heard it."

"Hold on there, miss." Love Helm started, causing Gabriel to stop talking. "The hat's fine, but you'll have to take off the cloak. Gotta make sure you aren't hiding any weapons. Just to be safe."

Brooks watched as Matrona reached up and grabbed the clasp on her cloak, throwing it away from her. And Brook's eyes widened.

"It's..." Aria started with shock.

"My tavern's uniform!" Meliodas finished.

"Do you think she's really that strong?" King asked.

"Hm, if that's Elizabeth, then there's something weird going on here."

"Something weird, what do you mean by that?" King asked.