Chapter 9

Hello my Sinners! I'd like to thank you all for being so patient with me! I was in a terrible rut where I could not for the life of me work on this story. Hopefully, I'll be able to update more for this, but with school, once again, updates will be slow, but hey, better than nothing!

Anyways, thank you all for being so patient!

-Sin
-----------------------

Brooks followed Ban as he walked down the hill, after watching him start to walk away while Meliodus was telling everyone their jobs.

"I think the ol' captain is loosing him mind." Ban muttered to himself, "What kind of info does he expect to gather in a gloomy dump like this?"

Behind her, Brooks could hear Diane advertising the Boar Hat, her voice loud enough to cover the whole town and more.

"Man oh man, this joint is seriously run down." Ban grumbled before stopping and looking over to the side.

Brooks followed his gaze and spotted a little girl leaning against the wall. She seemed weak, tired just from the way she was standing, since her hair was covering most of her face from where Brooks was standing.

"Elaine." Ban muttered suddenly, causing the girl to look his way in confusion.

Ban said something under his breath that Brooks wasn't able to catch.

Suddenly there was a thump, and Brooks looked at the girl who had face planted into the ground, she didn't seem to be moving.

Suddenly moving out from her hiding spot, she ran over to her, kneeling down beside Ban.

"What are you doing here?" Ban asked.

"Following you so you didn't destroy anything." Brooks stated.

Ban just scoffed and gently patted the girl's face. "Hey, hey, hey. Come on." Opening her eyes, the girl looked up at him. "So, you alright?" He asked.

"Get your filthy hands off Ellen!" A voice called out, and Brooks looked over at a small boy, who was holding a... Pitchfork? "Just what do you think you are doing to my sister?"

"Look kid, if you're her brother watching out for her, shouldn't you be making sure she's getting enough food?" Ban asked.

Brooks stared at Ban, who knew he could actually care about other things than himself and booze?

"Shut up! Go away!" The boy shouted, pulling Brooks out of her thoughts. "And leave her alone!"

"Now I'm going to ask you again. Are you making sure that's she getting enough food? Or should I take her away?"

'Ban's getting quite worked up over this' Brooks thought.

Suddenly the boy shouted, and ran towards Ban, Brooks moved to the side, watching as the pitchfork stabbed him in the chest. The boy seemed to realize what he did and his eyes widened in shock.

"No brother!" Ellen exclaimed, running up to the boy. "This man was only trying to help me! What have you done?!"

"But... I-I Though..." The boy stuttered out as Ban pulled the pitchfork out of his chest.

"I'm sorry." The boy said, tears in his eyes. "What can I do to atone for my sin, sir."

Brooks stifled a chuckle, asking one of the Sins what you can do to atone for your sin was almost priceless.