Chapter 20

Brooks was watching the last of the people gather on the arena, when she felt a sudden burst of unfamiliar power coming from the distance, looking behind her, she saw that there was nothing but calmness. With a sigh, she shook her head and pulled her attention back to the arena, now full of bustling people. She must of just imagined that feeling. Around her, fireworks were going off.

"First up is the elimination round!" The announcer said above the chatter, "The ref will be yours truly, Love Helm! The rules of this round are extremely simple! Knock your opponents out of this ring, throwing them out if fine, pushing too! Or send them flying! As long as it's bare handed. The remaining contenders who are standing will move on to the finals! Now then, let the fighting begin!"

With that, everyone was off, going against each other with battle cries. Brooks watched as Tut started to easily fight with people, dodging blows and knocking many people off their feet with low strikes to their legs.

"Hey, this is a festival for men only!" A man exclaimed, and Brook watched as a man attacked Sierra, who just easiy stepped to the side.

"If I recall correctly, this is a festival for everyone." She said, placing her finger to her chin, then she looked at the man with bloodlust showing on her face. "And, I'm not really liking what you said."

"So commander, who do you think will win?" Gabriel asked, looking at her. Moving their head to the side slightly as the man who had just insulted Sierra came flying out of the ring.

"Hm, well, I feel like either Ban, Meliodas, or Tut." She admitted.

"No, I mean between Sierra and Tut, they're obviously going to get to fight together, even if they have to rig it themselves."

Brooks placed a hand to her chin. "I'm not sure. To be honest, I'm more worried about them destroying this mountain." She sighed, "The last time they fought I'm pretty sure they destroyed two mountains."

Gabriel chuckled, "I guess you're right." They said, looking back at the people fighting. The arena was emptying out quickly, and Tut was still throwing people out of the ring. And soon, the round ended.

"Let's take a look at who's left in the ring!" Love Helm exclaimed.

Looking up, Brooks noticed that both Tut and Sierra were still on the arena, both of them grinning like idiots. Along with Ban and Meliodas, who were standing not too far away. Near her, King was floating just above the ground on his pillow, a terrified look on his face.

"There's one more, who hasn't gotten knocked out of the ring!" A man exclaimed, pointing towards King.

"Hey, that's not fair, he can float! Rule him out!" A man exclaimed, and Love Helm looked at him, then at King.

"Well, I agree this isn't fair, but he's not using any weapons! I'll allow it!" With that, the crowd groaned, and King was in the finals. "And now we'll hold to lottery to decide the matchups! The ten finalist should head to the waiting area!"

With that, they all headed inside the little hut.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Come on up and draw your lots! The first round will be contenders who each draw the same letter!"

With that, everyone walked forwards, and Tut impatiently tapped his foot on the ground, he and Sierra had ended up int he back of the line, so they would have to wit slightly.

"Man, this blows." Ban said from right in front of them, "Let's just hurry it up and get to the finals already."

"Don't talk like that and get knocked out before the end, okay." Meliodas said, moving up in the line.

"That is not gonna happen." Ban replied.

"Hey, King. Move forwards." Tut huffed impatiently.

King squeaked, and moved forwards, complaining about the stress he was under.

Once everyone grabbed their lots, they looked at Love Helm. "Okay folks, I'm announcing the fight cards!" He announced. "The first matchup is Griamore vs. Matrona!"

Tut looked over at the two, a small smirk on his face. "According to that power I'm feeling from both of those two, that will be an interesting match." He muttered to himself.

"Hey look, it's that girl for earlier." King said, looking over at the shrouded girl.

"I've never heard of her." Meliodas stated. "But it's a big world out there."

"The second matchup is Howzer vs. Taizu!"

"I know him." King said, then he gasped quietly, "I remember now, he's a Holy Knight. I saw him with Gilthunder lots of times."

"Um... you guys didn't know that?" Tut asked, "Man, talk about slow realization, we were able to feel his power since we first saw him." He shrugged, "Guess we should of said something."

"Yeah, you should of." King said, looking at him unamused as he shrugged.

"I hope we don't get recognized." Meliodas said, looking over at him.

"Yeah." King agreed, then he looked over at Ban, "Hold on, you were the one who signed us up! You didn't put us under our actual names by any chance did you?" King asked.

"Don't get your parties in a wad, I totally got you back on this." Ban told him, patting King's head like he was a child.

"Oh... guess we forgot about that detail for us." Tut muttered. "Eh, we're old enough anyways, I doubt he'll recognize our names." He shrugged, completely abandoning all concern.

"And here's the third matchup!" Love Helm shouted, getting the attention of the group. "King vs. Old Fart!"

King started chuckling, "Old fart, who'd put a name like that?" He asked.

Ban leaned over to him, a smirk on his face. "Three guesses." He said.

"What?" King screeched, turning to a chuckling Ban. "This had better be some kind of joke!"

Sierra sighed, tuning out their complaining, and looked around, then she looked towards Love Helm as he started to announce the matchups again.

"And going Fourth is Tut and Sierra!" He announced and the two smirked, looking at each other with eagerness in their eyes.

"Let's level this town, Scorpionass." Tut said, crossing his arms over his bare chest.

"Commander would be mad if we did that though." Sierra said, a fake pout on her face, "Let's just level the mountain next to this one, 'kay Bullbrain?"

"And the final match will bebetween Meliodafu vs. Baan!"

"Against each other in the first round, that was fast." Ban stated.

Tut looked up, looking towards the man that was called Howzer, their eyes meeting. He tensed up slightly when he started walking towards them.

"Hey, you." He said, getting the attention of Ban. "That's a big scar on your cheek, just like that guy on the wanted posters. And this rugrat with you. I'm pretty sure Gil said the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins was a kid..." he looked like he was in thought, then after a minute or two, he chuckled waving his hand dismissively, "Nah, you two guys had got totally different names! Sorry, my mistake! What's the matter with me? They wouldn't be at a festival like this one." He turned and started walking away, leaving the group to stare at him.

"It looks like we fooled him." Ban stated.

"'Cus he' dumb." Meliodas replied, earning some laughter from Tut and Sierra.

"It's comforting to know he wasn't triggered by our names though." Tut said, watching as Howzer went back to where he was previously standing. "That just means we're still forgotten. I guess that's a good thing."

"Well, after what we do to save this kingdom again, we'll be remembered again." Sierra said, "And this time we'll be remembered by our actual achievements, and not by the things we've been accused of."

Tut looked at her with a grin his face. "We're going to be remembered with glory, don't you know it."