Chapter 19

"Alright!" A voice exclaimed, getting the groups attention. "It's time to begin the annual Viazel fighting festival!"

Walking over to the cheering crowd, Brooks looked at the little man who was speaking. He didn't seem human, being short and wearing a red cloak along with a metal helmet.

"Use of weapons is strictly forbidden! Men who let their fists do the talking should hurry and sign up right away!"

Hm. Interesting. Brooks thought to herself, knowing that Tut would already be wanting to join.

"The winners gonna get a hundred coins, but that's not all! You'll also take home this giant war hammer!"

"What a barbaric gathering." King said from beside brooks, then looked over to where Meliodas and Ban were standing.

"We're gonna put our names in, aren't we?" Ban asked, a smirk on his face.

"Let's see who's got what it takes." Meliodas replied. Then he headed over and grabbed King by the hood, and despite his complaints, dragged him over towards the sign up, though, as they got close, someone picked Meliodas up with ease.

"This ain't a festival for kids." The man who picked him up said, "Get outta here!"

"Sorry, I don't see what the problem is." Meliodas stated, and Brooks watched as someone walked up tot he big guy, and felt an overwhelming power radiating off of him.

"Hey there friend. This is a festival okay? Just relax."

"Who do you think you are?" The man asked, letting go of Meliodas and turning towards the newcomer. "You know that my name is Taizu, right? I've been the winner of this festival for three years in a row."

Brook sighed and rolled her eyes, looking over at her own group.

"Commander?" Sierra asked, her hand placed on her hip as she stared at the sign up area.

"If you guys want to sign up, go ahead." Brooks said, waving her hand.

"Awesome!" Tut exclaimed, and him and Sierra ran over to the sign up area, the others staying behind with Brooks.

"You don't want to fight?" Brooks asked, looking at her other friends.

"I'm not into festivals like this." Aria muttered, adjusting her hood that she had up, mainly to keep her horns hidden from the public.

"I don't see how people can enjoy something that's as barbaric as this." Gabriel said, watching as Sierra and Tut signed up, high giving each other.

"I just like watching." Caspar stated, he couldn't really hide his own horns, and was receiving glances from people every now and again as they walked past the group.

"What about you commander?" Aria asked.

"I just don't feel like fighting today. Besides, I don't like festival fights. They're not really my style you know." She shrugged, "Besides, I don't want to end up fighting against either one of those two... they can get... intense." An image popped in her head of the past where they once got too caught up in a battle. Needless to say they helped level some land to build a new village.

After everyone had signed up, they gathered on the top of the mountain, where an arena had been set up.

"The fighting festival elimination round will now begin!" The announcer exclaimed, "fighters in the ring!"

"Good luck you two." Brook said.

"I won't need it!" Tut exclaimed as he entered the ring.

"Don't go too overboard!" Aria shouted after him, "We don't want anyone dead!"

"That's no fun though!"

"Tut!" Brook exclaimed.

"Fine fine." He groaned. "No deaths. Promise."

"Good."

"Hey, commander, could you hold this for me?" Sierra asked. "They said no weapons, so..."

Brooks looked over at her, seeing that she had her hair loose, and was holding a whip out to her, the end having the same shape as the end of a scorpions tail. she grabbed it, making sure not to prick herself with it, knowing fully well that if she did, she would be poisoned badly. And she didn't really want that to happen.

"You're fighting too?" Meliodas asked, looking over at Tut and Sierra.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Tut exclaimed. "A chance to show off my skills!"

"I just want to beat someone up." Sierra said. "Let's make to the finals, Alright Bullhead? We still need a rematch from our last fight."

"Who you calling Bullhead?" Tut asked, glaring at her. "And sure, if you still say I cheated, which I didn't."

From the other side of the arena, Brooks felt a power surge of power, one that added to the other one from before.

"Hm, seems like there might be some powerful visitors here today." She muttered, crossing her arms and looking at the arena where lol the fighters were gathering. "Hey, you two." She said, getting both of their attention. "Don't use your abilities just yet."

"Ah, you want a surprise factor, you got it, Commander." Tut said, grinning. "This will be fun~"

Brooks sighed, and he just hoped there wouldn't be any casualties this time.