Chapter 37

The next morning, Brooks walked down the stairs with her hand on her head. "I didn't think I drank that much..." she muttered to herself. She might be able to tolerate the strength of the Siren's Ale, but five mugs of it is way too much.

"Oh, good morning Lady Brooks." Elizabeth greeted.

Brooks just grunted in greeting, sitting down in a stool next to Ban.

"Drank too much, eh?" Ban asked with amusement.

Brooks just nodded, laying her head on the bar counter. "Why's the window broken?" She asked, not moving her head up from the counter. "Wait, don't tell me, I don't want to know." Forcing herself to sit upright, she looking over at Meliodas- who was working on repairing the window. "What are we talking about?"

"Apparently the sword captain' lost is a key to some kind of demon realm." Ban filled in, causing Brooks to looked over at Meliodas with wide eyes.

"You're telling me, you lost the key that opens the gate to the demon realm? What the fuck Meliodas!" She exclaimed, standing up from her seat, her hangover disappearing in a second- thankfully, her healing factor had kicked in and cured it.

"Well, yeah." Meliodas said, he seemed unfazed by it, but Brooks heard something in his voice, a type of urgency- or panic.

"Hey Captain." Diane stated, looking through the hole in the tavern wall. "If that sword really can resurrect the demon race, and Hendrickson has it, do you already think he's brought them back?"

"Not yet." Meliodas started. "It's a pretty powerful seal, so even if they do manage to break it, there's bound to be some kind of sign."

At that, Hawk made a groaning noise and Brooks looked back at the pig- who obviously was just being over dramatic about needing to poop.

"Hawk, are you okay?" Elizabeth asked.

"I get why those guys are going after the sword, but i don't understand what they wanted with Elizabeth."

Suddenly Brooks felt a powerful presence at the door, and she looked up, seeing a female Holy Knight with a helmet that looked like hands grabbing at her face o her head.

"It's simple." She stated, and Brooks wasted no time running towards Elizabeth. "She's the last key to breaking the seal."

"Oh crap! Get away from her!" Meliodas shouted, jumping towards Elizabeth.

Though Brooks was faster, she grabbed onto the Holy Knight as a glowing circle expanded around her, the Holy Knight, her, Hawk, and Elizabeth started glowing.

"Commander!" Brooks heard, and she looked towards the stairs, seeing the zodiacs that had been found.

"I'll be fine guys, don't worry about me!" Brooks shouted. And just before she disappeared, she managed to add one last thing. "Pandora and Cabie are close by, find them!" With that, the pub vanished.

Staring at the spot the four disappeared at, the Zodiacs. Glanced at each other and nodded as if they shared an unspoken plan.

"I'm going to the capital!" Meliodas shouted.

"Go on ahead without us, we'll find the other Zodiacs." Tut shouted, "It shouldn't be too hard."

Meliodas nodded, and the two groups parted ways, the Zodiacs making their way towards an area that has multiple lakes- and as the got closer, they all started to feel two familiar energies.

The Fish and the Crab were close.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Opening her eyes and rubbing her head, Brooks looked around. She wasn't in a small cell, like she assumed she would be placed in, instead she was in a bedroom. Her old bedroom to be exact. She stood up and looked around. There had been many changes since when she slept in it.

Instead of shades of blue everywhere, it was in more regal colors, reds and whites, and instead of small fountains of water and plants everywhere there were instead delicate and gorgeous decor.

She walked over to a small plant that was placed on a window sill, running her fingers over the leaves. "It's been 150 years since I last stepped foot in here."

"And here you are again- princess." A voice stated, and Brooks turned around, her eyes watering at who she saw.

A muscular man with two sharp canines poking slightly out of his smiling mouth. Lion-like amber eyes stared down at the shorter girl

"Leander!" Brooks shouted.

"Commander, fancy seeing you here." Leander stated.

"I could say the same with you, why are you here?"

"Well, can't you tell, I'm a Holy Knight." He told her, causing Brooks to look at him in shock.

"You... joined the Hell Knights?" She asked.

"Don't worry, I'm still a zodiac through and through." He assured. "I joined... in the hopes of seeing you again, seeing the others again. Of course, I waited until we were forgotten. Though being in the Hell Knights, I was able to learn a few things from the inside. Such as- I'm not the only zodiac who decided to join the hell knights."

"Who else joined?" Brooks asked.

"I did!" A females voice sung out, and Brooks saw a head pop of from above Leander's. A woman moved to the side and Brooks looked forwards, a smile on her face.

She was wearing belly-dancer like armor, golden metal plates covering her chest completely along with golden armored pants. Her midsection and arms were bare, but that didn't faze Brooks. Her blonde hair falling down her back and her abnormally bright green eyes showed an energetic and happy person. Brooks would assume that she was a normal human, despite the black Libra mark placed on her left hip, barely peaking out from the golden armored pants.

"Liah!" She shouted, and embraced the girl with a hug.

"Princess." She smiled, then her gaze hardened, but her smile was still placed on her face. "I think I know why you're here- and why you're gathering us back together. The Hell Knights are about to open the demon realm seal. And by the feel of it, the Sins are here too, aren't they?"

"You got it on the nose. The others should be here soon, but they're getting the last two- until we can awaken them."

Leander and Liah looked at Brooks, knowing looks on their faces.

"First, we need to find the Princess." She walked towards the closet of the room, pushing past the abuse center of clothing and pressing down on a brick, a small section opening up and revealing a smaller collection of extravagant dresses and accessories. "But, I can't go through the castle looking like how I am now. I'll need a disguise. It's been a while since I've worn these."