Chapter 3

Brooks was walking down the hill, she had told Meliodas she had some business to do before she left. She walked to the restaurant where she worked at, knowing her boss would still be inside.

She opened the door, and made eyes contact with him.

"Oh Brooks! You're back!" He said, a smile on his face. "So, what's the place like?" He asked, "Any good."

"Yeah it's good." She said simply.

"Darn, we may have some competition after all." He said, placing a hand to his chin. "If you could, could you come in early tomorrow?"

"Actually, boss, I have something to say." Brooks said. She didn't want to do this, it'll break her heart when she sees his expression. "I'm not going to be coming in at all again."

Her boss looked at her, "W-What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean I'm quitting." Brooks said.

"Was that new place just that good? Are they stealing you away from me!? What can I do to get you to stay?"

Brooks turned around, unable to look at his face. "Nothing, I'm doing this because this journey is long overdue." She glanced back towards her manager, "I'm going off to find my friends." She said.

"Friends?"

Brooks smiled, then turned away and walked out, blinking her eyes to keep the tears from falling. She made her way to her house and looked around it for one last time. She grabbed a bag and started packing. Smiling, she saw a belt on her bedside table.

The belt was a basic leather one, though the thing that made it look different, were the bottles that were stuck to it, each of them holding water in them and corked shut. This was Brooks' Constellation Weapon. Since she wasn't full Nymph, she couldn't pull water out of the air unless it was extremely humid. She could really only manipulate water, that's why she had the belt, as well as giving her access to a wider range of abilities she wouldn't have if she didn't have it.

She hooked the belt around her waste and smiled, grabbing her bag, she easily slung it over her shoulder, and headed out of her house for the last time. "Goodbye, for now." She whispered. She walked out of the house, closing and locking the door behind her, placing the key in her pocket.

She walked back up the hill and into the pub, seeing that the people had moved around, Ban was passed out at one of the tables, Elizabeth was nowhere to be seen, most likely in her room, the giant, who Brooks knew as Diane, was dozing off a bit, laying on the ground. Meliodas was cleaning out glasses and dishes the pig was snoozing under one of the tables. Meliodas was the first one to notice she was here.

"So, you ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Brooks responded with a smile.

"Then let's head off, we've gathered enough information here. On the way to the next stop, I'll tell you what to do."

Brooks looked at him, "Oh, I know what you want me to do, it's quite obvious. Serve people and gather information. Seems like the reasonable option."

"Well, I guess that takes a load off." Meliodas said.

Suddenly the pub shook, and Brooks lost her footing for a second, landing on the floor, she felt the place rising. Once she finally found her footing, she looked out the window. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw what was outside. A giant green pig was under the pub. Now the name made sense.

"This place is really a boars hat, isn't it?" Brooks asked, a deadpan expression on her face.

"Yep!" Meliodas said.

"Wow." Brooks muttered. She walked towards the door, "I may ride outside." She said.

"Alright, be careful, and don't fall off!"

"I won't." Brooks called behind her as she stepped out into the cool night air. She sat down on the stairs of the pub and looked up at the night sky, she was actually looking for her friends, after a hundred years, she'll hopefully be able to see them again.

A small smile appeared on her face. "This will be fun." She said to herself.