Brutalization

You had been waiting for the squad to finish refilling their gas tanks. While the others were relaxed somewhat, you were keeping an eye out. Something was bothering you and you had no idea what was. It annoyed you really. You didn't like being kept in the dark. It really depended on what it was, though. You could handle information being kept from you by the commander, but when it had to do with you, it just plain irritated you.

"What's wrong, Red? You seem on edge," Petra asked, noticing you constantly looking around.

"Not on edge. Just cautious," you replied, crossing your arms.

"Well let's get going. It's not good to stay in one spot for a long time. We don't know if the female titan is still caught," Eld said, standing up and adjusting his gear. The others nodded and followed suit. You and the squad took off and were 3D maneuvering through the trees. Well... you were swinging. The atmosphere had lightened up between you all, thanks to Eld bringing up when Petra and Olou pissed themselves on their first expedition. While that conversation amused you, it still didn't distract you from that feeling pooling around in your gut. A few minutes later, a green smoke flare shot up into the air.

'Shithead?' You thought, staring at it.

'No... I'm getting a bad feeling about this.' You added as Gunther shot a flare as well. You all stopped for a few moments.

"Listen. Just in case stay close to each other. I'm beginning to get a bad feeling," you said back to them.

"But Eld's in charge. Why are we listening to you?" Olou asked, practically spitting in your face. You looked back at him.

"Because I'm usually right about things like this. Just trust me. Unless you want to die," you replied seriously. They all nodded and you all continued your way to where the green smoke flare was shot. You stared ahead, thinking.

'I haven't felt this uneasy in a long time.' You thought, constantly darting your eyes in all directions for any other movement besides yourselves.

"What's wrong, Red?" You heard Eren ask.

"Nothing, just focus," you replied. Just then, a figure appeared next to your group, blades drawn and a hood over their face. Your eyes looked at them from the corner.

"Levi Heichou?" You heard Gunther mutter. "No... who's there?!" The figure shot their hooks to the right and sped towards Gunther, their blades drawn back. You, seeing their movement faster, pushed Gunther out of the way, almost getting nicked in the arm by the sharp blades.

"Dammit! Eld! What do we do?!" Olou yelled at him.

"Leave the horses behind! Head to HQ as fast as you can!" He ordered, speeding up.

"Is that the one in the female Titan?! Or one of many?!"

"Damn you!! C'mon! I'll kill you or die trying!" Petra threatened, turning around to face the hooded figure. They suddenly fell back behind a tree.

"Everyone! Move it!" You shouted right before yellow lightning sparked and the female Titan emerged.

"Damn it... let me!! I'll kill it this time!!" Eren exclaimed, raising his hand to his mouth.

"Stop!" You shouted, causing him to look at you.

"I will deal with her!! Petra, Olou, Eld, Gunther, take Eren as far away as you can!! Don't let anything happen to him all costs!!" You ordered.

"But Red—!!!"

"Just keep going, you fucking idiots!" You interrupted her, pulling out your gun. Petra hardened her face and nodded, grabbing Eren along with Olou, and sped off farther with the others. You cocked your gun and placed it in your mouth before maneuvering over to the female. She moved her hand and followed you, but you grabbed one of your knives and sliced her finger. She stopped moving and swatted at you, but you sheathed your knife and pulled out your sword, and cut her hand off. You hooked your wire right underneath her eyes and blasted towards her. She raised her arm, but you interfered and whipped your wire around her arm and pulled, cutting her arm with multiple deep lacerations, which made her arm to go limp. She wouldn't even be able to cover the nape of her neck with that one. You threw your two knives that were in between your knuckles, right into each of her eyes. She raised her other arm and covered her nape. You maneuvered near her legs and cut the backs of her knees, causing her to drop down to the ground.

You sliced up her legs and was currently working on her torso and arms. Her other arm dropped, revealing her nape, but you knew it was too dangerous. When you were done cutting her important muscles, you were airborne for a few seconds. Nothing seemed unusual, except one thing. No steam was coming out of any of her wounds except her one eye. Your own eyes narrowed.

'I see... she's regenerating her eye as top priority.' You thought. You quickly maneuvered away just as the female's right eye opened.

"What the—!?" Eld exclaimed, watching the battle from farther away.

"Did it heal itself quickly by only focusing on one eye?!" He screeched out. The female titan once again began running towards you. You grabbed your gun from your mouth. You barely dodged the titan's hand that came swinging at you.

"Red!" Eld shouted to you, concerned, and silently telling you to go with them.

"I'm fine!" You growled back at him, turning back around to face the female.

"Oi, you sack of shit..." You said to her, which drew her attention. "You're a real pain in the ass, you know that?" You looked into her eyes. You've never been so sure in your life. Her one eye was still healing, meaning she had only limited vision before it completely healed. You hooked your wire into her leg, blasting towards it, avoiding her arm. You spun around and cut the back of her knee again, causing her to drop to all fours and cover her nape. You cut her other knee for good measure. You planted yourself on a tree and waited for the Titan blood to evaporate.

'I'll have to be more precise. I know the human body like the back of my hand.' You thought, watching steam arise from her. You jumped off the tree and maneuvered in front of her, beginning to fly away from her.

"They did it!" Eren exclaimed, hope shining in his green orbs.

"Of course they did, dumbass!" Olou screamed at him.

"It was stupid to underestimate them!!" Petra scolded.

'Tch... great.' You thought, seeing a shadow fall over your head and their faces go from happy to horrified. You looked up and saw the female titan above you, a small grin on her face. You re-cocked your gun and shot at her two eyes. Her leg barely miss you, but you did feel the wave of air. She placed her leg back on the ground and placed her hand on a tree, covering her nape. You maneuvered away from her and rejoined the others.

"Awesome, Red!" Eren exclaimed to you, a large smile in his face. You scoffed.

"Nothing special."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}