Vowed

Your back was pressed against the wall down in the basement where Hanji and Moblit had brought down Sannes. His broken nose was wrapped, but that's the only thing that was taken care of. The cell to your right had Ralph inside of it. Sannes does not know that Ralph was threatened to say what he did. An amused scoff slipped past your lips. This should be interesting. The cell door was opened and the battered man walked through.

"Sannes!" Ralph called, standing up from the bed. "Are you... all right?!" He noticed his bruised face and walked closer to him.

"Hey... don't tell me... you didn't tell them anything, right? Our loyalty to the King is more—" Sannes let out a cry before moving towards him, wrapping his fingers around Ralph's neck.

"Sannes!" He exclaimed in shock.

"I can't stand to hear your voice anymore! You've betrayed me since the very beginning!" Sannes cried, his fingers digging into Ralph's skin. Your lips pressed into a thin line. Old memories flashed into your mind, but you pushed them down. Suppressed them. Like you always did. "To think how I trusted you!" You let out a sharp sigh and pushed off of the wall to the cell.

"Calm down, you shithead," you hissed, gripping the metal bars. "He never told us anything. We didn't even question him." You turned your head and snatched the paper out of Hanji's hand to hold it up.

"I threatened Ralph and forced him to read what Hanji wrote. He didn't say anything on his own accord," you explained, your voice calm, yet harsh. Sannes slowly let go of Ralph while the latter collapsed onto the bed, and him to his knees.

"Then... I..." He trailed off. "I betrayed the King?" You turned around and began to walk up the stairs, soon followed by Hanji and Moblit.

"Yo-you devils...!" Ralph rasped, his breathing not completely restored. You and Hanji stopped at the staircase.

"I'm not trying to deny it, but... I'm sure Nick thought the same thing about you," Hanji said, pulling her goggles above her eyes. She turned and walked back to the front of the cell. "That's why I said what I did. That I was beginning to feel sorry for you." She grabbed the bars.

"Look at how pathetic you are! Grown-ass men wailing and crying! It's serves you right, morons!"
Your brows raised in surprise and Hanji's batshit yelling.

"See how you like spending the rest of your life shitting in a tiny cell! See you." Her quick attitude change made your eyes narrow. She turned and, once again, began to walk up the stairs.

"Next in line..." Sannes spoke quietly. "This role of ours... there's an order to it. When one's role is done, another steps in to start the act again. And thus, the world can never be rid of it." He raised his head to look at her, tears leaking out of his good eye.

"Good luck, Hanji."
She glared at him, her eyes sharp. You looked away and walked up the stairs. Hanji followed closely behind you.

"Section Commander?" Moblit called. You opened the door to the second level and saw the chairs neatly stacked on top of the table. You kept the door open for Hanji who closed it behind her and leaned against it. You heard her let out a sigh before violently kicking the table set across the room. You grabbed a flying chair from the air when it was about to hit you in the face. Hanji stumbled towards the staircase where Levi descended down. He didn't look that amused.

"Sorry... I made a mess." Hanji apologized, "There was a cockroach." She pulled down her goggles.

"I see... just one kick of yours should've blasted it to bits," Levi replied, turning around. You threw the chair to the ground. "It's about time you fill them in." Levi walked back up the stairs.

"Oh... yeah, I should," she replied, following him. You looked over towards the closed door and cracked your jaw.

~
"Eren will be eaten?!" Armin repeated, his eyes wide. You glanced over at Mikasa when you sensed a change. You stood next to Levi, your arms in their usual crossed position.

"Yeah. Eren remembered a conversation that went like this..." She continued on to repeat what Eren had written for her. "Speculating based on that, Ymir was a titan wandering alone outside the wall. Bertholdt, Reiner, and Annie had a comrade that she ate." The others gasped in unison.

"When a titan eats someone, they don't change back into a human. But, what if a titan ate one of Reiner's comrades? They're humans who can transform into titans. In other words, if a titan eats someone with that power, they revert back into a human. Furthermore, they obtain the power of those they eat. In the other day's battle, Reiner was throwing titans at Eren, who had escaped. Eren has the power to control titans with his scream."

'Respectively.' You thought.

"He was trying to snatch that power with those titans. In that case, Eren is just a vessel who is bound to be replaced. Basically, if the government has a titan of their own, they'll be the one to eat Eren." At the end of her explanation, Mikasa moved quickly, advancing to the door. You were there before she could even lift her hand. You gripped her shoulder and pulled her back. She turned to glare at you.

"Calm down," you ordered,  "You going batshit crazy isn't going to get them to give Eren back. Instead, we head for the lands of Rod Reiss." You took your hand away after you felt her settle.

"That's right. Get ready to leave at once," Levi ordered.

"Yes, sir!"
You moved out of the way to let the others through. You, Hanji, Moblit, and Levi walked the other way and down the stairs.

"I'll go tell Erwin what we learned about about the Reiss family. I'm sure he's waiting to hear from us," Hanji explained.

"Right," Levi replied briefly.

"We can meet up on Reiss land. Hear from me at the usual spot," Hanji said.

~
"Sylvia," he called from his chair, his voice echoing through the arena.

"Yes, Boss?" She replied, appearing into the middle ring. This placed unnerved her. It brought back many unpleasant memories she didn't want to remember. Some including you.

"I have a present for you," he said, leaning down and grabbing something from underneath him. She walked closer to him. He brought out an old, leather back book. It's pages were old and torn. It looked to be hundreds of years old. "Study this. This should help you against Y/n." He held it out to her. She cautiously took it from him, careful to not break it.

"What is this?" She questioned, slowly flipping open the book and scanning through the pages.

"The origin of the Hell Eye."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}