Defenseless

You maneuvered your way back up to the wall to see a small group of soldiers huddled around Erwin and Armin. You walked up to them and stood next to the coconut blond.

"As of now, you obey Armin Arlert's commands," Erwin said, "Continue the search!"
You felt Armin jump next to you, startled at the sudden divert of power. The other soldiers seemed apprehensive about it. You scowled at one of the female soldiers. She flinched at your gaze.

"R... roger!" They all exclaimed before swarming Armin.

"We searched the wall thoroughly!"
"What are your orders, Arlert?!"
You stepped back to watch how he would react.

"Send one group to each side of the wall! Search all the buildings near the inner gate! Report and findings with an acoustic shell!... al-all right?"

"Roger!" All of them exclaimed before jumping off the wall. As Armin ran towards the edge, you called out to him.

"Oi, Shitdick."
He slid to a stop and looked at you.

"You're in charge, but I'm telling you now, you're searching in the wrong place," you said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" He inquired.

"Think of all the times you've battled titans and titan shifters," you advised, "Almost every time, they've won. Why? Because they attack us in the most unpredictable positions and places. Take a careful minute to think about how."
His eyes moved around as he thought  to himself. It didn't take long, because a flash of realization crossed his face.

'Well would you look at that.'
Immediately, he took an acoustic round and shot it. A few seconds later, all of the soldiers landed in front of you two and huddled into a circle.

"Did you find them, Arlert?!" One of them asked.
"Where are they?!"

"Not yet!" Armin quickly said, "Everyone search the walls!"

"I told you we already did!" The one female soldier said.
"There's no where else to hide!"
You reached out and grabbed those two soldiers by their head. Fingers digging through the cloak and gripping their hair in vice.

"Listen," you hissed, "Stop talking and listen."
They stared into your eyes, fear pooling around their own.

"Ye-yes! I-I'm sorry!"
You let go of them and backed up to let Armin explain.

"Inside the walls," he said, "There must be a spot where someone could stay inside for a long time!"

"How do you know that?!" The one soldier asked. Armin turned his head back to you. You didn't give him any signs and encouraged him to continue. He looked back forward.

"It's a hunch."

'This goddamned idiot should be thrown off the wall.' You thought.

"Do you have idea what sort of situation we're in?!" He grabbed Armin by the shoulders. "We don't have time to waste on hunches!" You brought yourself between them and went nose to nose with the soldier. He took a step back.

"Use your pea-sized brain for a moment. In all of the Titan attacks that have happened, they've used their powers in unimaginable ways," you said, "If we restrict ourselves to reason and common sense, we'll never gain the advantage." A red flare was shot from behind you. Erwin held the gun in his hand. Everyone turned to look at him.

"There are times to be strict and times to be flexible," Erwin said, "Adhere to the principles you vowed while giving everything you've got. Obey the chain of command. The reason we are here is to claim victory!"

"Break into two groups again and search the surface!" Armin ordered, "Especially above the gate! Commence the search!"
Everyone seemed to hesitate before finally following the order and jumping off the wall. You walked over to where the campsite was below the wall and looked down.

'Hm.' You walked further to the right before cracking your knuckles. With a hefty grunt, your fist connected with the stone. You felt the vibrations tremble through the wall. When a blank patch presented itself, you wasted no time. You walked farther before hooking your wires into the ledge and slowly sliding down.

'It should be somewhere here.' You thought, using your one hand to knock around the area. When you heard the hollowness inside, you quickly got out a gun and shot off an acoustic round.

"It's hollow here!" You yelled. You heard the shuffle of wood and turned to see the piece of stone removed. Reiner was on the other side. You brought out your gun the same moment he decided to stab his sword through your chest. Adrenaline now rushing, you didn't register the pain. Instead, you aimed and shot at him. Reiner moved, the bullet hitting him on the shoulder instead of his neck. You fell towards the ground, hooks snapping from the stone. A trail of blood followed you.

'That little...!' Reiner stepped out of his hiding spot, but was immediately bombarded by Levi who sliced his sword through the back of his neck. You saw Levi jump away from Reiner after stabbing him a second time.

"Y/n! Move!" He yelled. Ignoring the soreness of your chest, you hooked your wires into another part of the wall and hauled yourself to it. You crashed into the stone and dangled there. The wound healed, but the slight pain was still there. Your teeth ground together in restrained anger.

'I'm fucking pissed!'
Reiner fell to the ground back first, but he wasn't dead. A bright yellow light flashed from his eyes and mouth. He was transforming and you were in the blast radius.

'Gotta move!' You managed to swing yourself higher on the wall before the transformation was completely. A strong air blast helped push you to the top. The armored titan laid motionless on the ground.

"Keep on the lookout!" Erwin ordered, "Locate his allies!" A loud rumble and yellow flashing lights interrupted him. You looked back over the wall and saw dozens of titans emerged. Including the Beast Titan. You let out a slow breath to control your adrenaline-fueled heart. You saw the Beast Titan pick up a large boulder and wind up.

'He's going to throw that shit.' You thought, watching him throw it. It sailed towards you.

"Boulder incoming!" Erwin exclaimed, "Get down!" You raised your chin slightly when the boulder collided with the gate below you. The vibrations sent through the wall made your body tremble.

'Smart.' You thought.

'Plugging the wall to disallow the horses to leave. They'll kill them first, then corner and annihilate us.' You slowly walked over to Erwin who was at the edge.

"We're both hoping for the same thing. To settle it here once and for all," he said, pulling out his blade. "Humanity or titans?! Which side will live?! Which side will perish?!" You brought out your guns and loaded them. Cocking then before holding them out in front of you.

'Like hell titans will reign over us.'

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}