Chapter 12- Going Rogue

MacKenzie's POV

"I hate passing out." I groan as I wake up in the bed.

"Caitlin and Dr. Wells had nothing to do with it. I built the gun." Cisco says and Barry looks MAD. I guess I'll just stay in the bed. What did I just wake up to...

"You did?" Barry asks. "Why?"

"Because, speed and cold are opposites." Cisco explains. "Temperature is measured by how quickly the atoms of something are oscillating, the faster they are, the hotter it is and when things are cold, they're slower on the atomic level. When there's no movement at all, it's called-" Barry cuts him off.

"Absolute zero."

"Yea." Cisco says. "I designed a compact cryo engine to achieve absolute zero. I built it to stop you." Cisco tells Barry. "I didn't know who you were then, Barry." Cisco explains. "I mean, what if you turned out to be some psycho, like Mardon or Nimbus?"

"But I didn't!" Barry yells. "Did I?"

"Please don't yell." I whisper, trying my best to keep the place from shaking.

"We built the entire structure you're standing in, to do good, and it blew up." Caitlin tells Barry, walking over to him. "In the wake of that, you can understand why Cisco would want to be prepared for the worst."

"I can understand that. What I can't understand is why you didn't tell me wheat you did." Barry angrily says. "I mean, after all we've been through, I thought you trusted me. I thought we were friends!"

"We are, Barry." Cisco says.

"I mean, if you would have just told me, I could have been prepared. But instead someone died tonight." Barry states.

"And I have to live with that." Cisco says.

"No, Cisco, we all do." Barry says before storming out of the cortex.

"Phew." I say, laying back down on the bed, super glad my powers didn't come in and make me pass out again. But I am really tired from keeping them in.

"Mack." Cisco says, coming over to my bed as I stayed laying down. "You okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah. I think so." I tell him. "I'm just really tired."

"Then rest here." Cisco says.

***

A couple hours later, Cisco comes in with a tablet.

"I figured out a way to track Captain Cold." He says and I jump out of the hospital bed and lean against it.

"You gotta stop naming these guys." Caitlin tells him.

"Barry, listen to him." Dr. Wells says.

"How?" Barry asks, turning towards Cisco.

"The cold gun is powered by an engine control unit, a microcomputer that regulates air-to-fuel ratios so the sub cooled fluid in the chambers don't overflow and-" Cisco explains before he's cut off.

"Explode." Felicity cuts in.

"Right." Cisco says. "This E.C.U was receiving updates wirelessly from my tablet. If I boost the signal using Central City's network and send false updates, we'll get a ping back and then-"

"We can locate Snart." Dr. Wells finishes for Cisco.

"How long with it take?" Barry asks.

"First I have to hack into the city's network, so... I don't know, 30 minutes maybe?" Cisco says, already typing away at the computer.