Chapter 44- Rogue Time

MacKenzie's POV

Cisco, Caitlin and I exit the elevator, the two of them have slushees in their hands.

"And I really don't wanna go." Cisco says.

"He's your brother, Cisco." Caitlin says.

"Not by choice." Cisco says.

"Okay, well, how bad can a birthday party be?" Caitlin asks as we walk down the hall.

"Um, my folks think Dante's stink don't stink." Cisco says. "Doesn't matter how much he screws up, or how many times he gets into trouble. In their eyes, he can do no wrong. And yet, they never fail to remind me that I can do no right."

"Aww." I say and hug him.

"What if we came with you?" Caitlin asks.

"What? Seriously?" Cisco asks.

"Absolutely. You've done so much for us." Caitlin says. "Let us be there for you for a change. And I could look at old family photo albums and see what little Cisco looks like without long hair." She smiles.

"I'm rescinding your invite." Cisco says, the walks to the cortex with Caitlin and I following.

***

"So Clyde Mardon has a brother?" Caitlin asks, looking at the mug shots on the screen after Barry told us the story of what happened with a voice recording.

"So both brothers survived the plane crash, and then the dark matter released from the particle accelerator explosion affects them both..." Dr. Wells says and him and Barry say completely in sync, "...in virtually the same way."

"That's right." Dr. Wells says, looking weirdly at Barry.

"Only Mark's not like Clyde at all. He can do things that you couldn't even imagine." Barry says.

"You mean he's sort of like a..." Cisco starts.

"Weather Wizard." Cisco and Barry say in sync. says and I face palm.

"Yeah." Cisco says suspiciously. He takes a sip of his slushee and yelps.

"Trigeminal headache?" Caitlin and Barry ask together. Caitlin and I look at each other in confusion.

"Mr. Allen." Dr. Wells says. "A word please."

"Yeah." Barry says, following after Dr. Wells to another room.

"Weird." I say.

***

Next thing I know, The Flash and all of us are in the accelerator ring.

"I'm gonna break out of here!" Mardon yells from a cell. "I'm gonna create a tidal wave that destroys your entire city!"

Barry takes his mask off after closing the steel door.

"So, I still don't understand." Cisco says.

"Me neither." I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"How did you find him?" Cisco asks.

"I just had a hunch." Barry says, looking at Dr. Wells.

"That's gotta be some kind of record." Caitlin says.

"Yeah." Cisco laughs. "Well, there goes my excuse for bailing on my brother's birthday." He says, walking out and Caitlin and I follow after.

***

We walked in the door to Cisco's house. It was a party, so Caitlin made me wear something nice, and I tried to. I'm wearing white jeans, a teal shirt and a matching bow, and of course, converse sneakers.

"Wow." Caitlin says looking around. "Your parents really went all out with the cake."

"Oh, well, it's Dante's birthday." Cisco says. "The most important day of the year."

"Mi hijo was invited to play Carnegie Hall when he was just 13 years old." We hear a woman say.

"They invited the entire band, Mama." A man says.

"That doesn't make it any less worthwhile." The woman, most likely the mother, says.

"Hey." The man says, seeing us. "What's up, man?"

"Hey." Cisco says.

"Glad you could make it." He relies says.

"Of course." Cisco says.

"Hi, I'm Dante." Dante says to Caitlin and me and I kinda hide behind Cisco a little.

"This is my friend Caitlin and Mack." Cisco says, introducing us.

"Hi, Caitlin." Dante says, shaking her hand.

"Happy birthday, Dante." Caitlin replies.

"Thank you." Dante says.

"Here...I um I got you this." Cisco says, handing a box to Dante.

"Oh..." Dante says.

"I think you'll really like it." Cisco says. "It's—"

"Thanks, Man." Dante says and then leaves.

Dante then plays the piano perfectly.

"Well, here is one who was touched by God." Mrs. Ramon says.

"I could shut this entire place up with a few back handsprings." I mutter to Cisco.

"Ah, I was a little rusty." Dante says. "I haven't played in a while."

"Oh, well...if that was what you sounded like rusty, I can't imagine what you sound like when you've practiced." Caitlin says.

"Oh, for you, I'd practice morning, noon, and night." Dante says to Caitlin.

"Back off her." I growl under my breath but I'm ignored as Cisco talks.

"That means you'd actually have to get up in the mornings." Cisco laughs.

There was a little bit of an awkward silence until Dante speaks.

"So, mom tells me you're still at STAR labs, huh?" Dante asks.

"Yeah. Why?" Cisco asks.

"No reason, man." Dante says. "Guess It was just hard to find another job, huh?"

"Oh, I wasn't looking." Cisco says. "I actually like working at STAR labs."

"And we couldn't do what we do without Cisco." Caitlin says.

"Oh, he's loyal."Dante says. "Just like a dog." Another moment of silence. "Oh, come on. Why are you so serious, mi hija?"

Cisco scoffs and then leaves, I follow after. 

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hope you liked that chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Next chapter up MONDAY. 

-MC