Chapter 24- The Flash vs. Arrow

MacKenzie's POV

"Hey, Barry." I say, walking into Jitters the next morning.

"Hey, Mack." Barry smiles. I see Olivier walk up to his ear.

"Let's go." Oliver whispers through his teeth.

"Where you going?" I ask.

"Somewhere." Oliver says through his teeth.

"Can I come?" I ask. I'm really bored and just want something to do where I won't get my head chopped off by a metal boomerang.

"No." Oliver quickly shuts me down.

"Why?" I ask. I look at Barry who looks a little jittery. "Barry..." I whine.

"Mack, it's just Flash training." Barry whispers.

"So why can't I come?" I ask. "Pleeeeeaseeee?" I ask.

"Um.." Barry says, looking at Oliver.

"If you're worried I might find out he's the Arrow, I already know." I say quickly and quietly. Oliver and Barry look at each other.

"Fine." Oliver growls.

"Sweet." I say with a smile.

***

"You're late." Oliver says from next to me as Barry zooms up to us. "Barry, how can you have superspeed and still not be on time?"

"That's what I'm saying." I exclaim.

"Sorry, I guess the super-tardiness kinda neutralizes it." Barry says. "So, how do we catch Bivolo here?"

"Oh no, we don't here. We're here to train." Oliver says.

"What? Like Rocky?" Barry asks with a smile.

"I read your friend Iris' blog posts on the Flash, and I visited all the crime scenes you fought at." Oliver says.

"Don't you sleep?" Barry asks and I laugh a little.

"Last month you took on a man named Leonard Snart." Oliver states.

"We call him Captain Cold." Barry says with a huge smile.

"We can talk about giving your enemies silly code names later." Oliver says.

"You mean like over coffee with Deathstroke and The Huntress?" Barry sarcastically asks.

"The point is that you engaged Snart on a computer train, which he derailed." Oliver says.

"Okay, there may have been some damage, but I got the job done, I was the hero." Barry says.

"Barry, when you approach a new environment, do you case every inch of it?" Oliver asks and Barry hesitates. "You could. You have the time. But you don't. You just run in blind." Oliver says, pushing past Barry and walking away from us. We follow after. "There's a difference, barry, between having powers and having precision." Oliver explains.

"When I came to you thinking about going out and helping people, you said I could be an inspiration." Barry says.

"Living this life..." Oliver says, setting up his bow and arrow. "Well, it takes more than a mask. It takes discipline. And since you are probably as stubborn as I am—"

"What is that for?" Barry asks pointing to the bow and cutting Oliver off.

"You're going to run over there, you're going to come back at me, and you're going to get hit with an arrow." Oliver says.

"Um...is that safe?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"No I'm not." Barry laughs.

"Yes you are." Oliver laughs.

"Okay, Fine. I will humor you." Barry says. He speeds up to the top of the hill and Oliver aims his arrow at him.

I quickly back up five feet so I don't get killed.

"Ready?" Barry asks.

"Ready." Oliver quietly replies.

Barry speeds forward as Oliver shoots his arrow.

Barry catches the arrow right in front of his face. And smiles at Oliver.

Then, two arrows shoot him in the back from behind and he falls to the ground.

"Barry!" I yell/gasp. I run over and kneel next to him.

"You shot me?" Barry surprisedly asks.

"Heard you heal fast." Oliver says, yanking the arrows out of Barry's back.

Barry looks at me with wide eyes and I shrug.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

That chapter was a little short but at least Mack stayed conscious throughout it. Did you guys like The Flash episode last night? I did! Hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to vote or comment. Next chapter up FRIDAY.

-MC