Chapter 37- Crazy For You

MacKenzie's POV

I was staying at Caitlin's house tonight cause I didn't feel like being alone in STAR Labs, knowing Hartley knew I was there and that he was running around somewhere.

Anyways, I was sitting on Caitlin's couch, waiting for her to get home from wherever she was.

Then, I saw a blur pass me and go into Caitlin's room.

I got up from the couch and went over to open her door, seeing her in bed and Barry sitting in the edge of her bed.

"Barry, will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" Caitlin asked and Barry stayed on the bed until she fell asleep, which took about .02 seconds.

Barry stood up and looked at me in the doorway.

"We went to a bar.' Barry whispers.

"A bar?!" I whisper back.

"Yea. She wanted to go." Barry defends. I run my right hand through my hair, cause I still couldn't with my left hand and sighed.

"Oh jeez." I say. "Let's see how tomorrow goes."

***

The next day, Caitlin and I walked into STAR labs. Caitlin had on sunglasses, a scarf, a jacket and had a water in her hands cause of her hangover. Barry was waiting for us when we got off the elevator.

"Hi." Barry says with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"So loud." Caitlin gasps.

"Oh, ho-ho. I just wanted to make sure you were okay?" Barry asks, smiling.

"Let's just say I envy your inability to get drunk." Caitlin says. "I don't remember much from last night."

"Yeah, that's probably for the best." Barry says as we walk down the hall. "Summer lovin'." Barry sings.

"Oh, God. That I do remember." Caitlin says and Barry breaks out laughing.

We walk into the cortex and Cisco has a look on his face, then he looks at me and I know what he's gonna tell them. That we messed up.

"What's wrong?" Barry asks.

"Cisco and Mack have something they need to tell you." Dr. Wells says and Barry and Caitlin look at me next to them, but I keep my eyes straight ahead on Cisco.

"Hartley's gone." Cisco says.

"He escaped from the pipeline?" Barry asks. "How is that even possible?"

"Um..." I say, walking over to Cisco and looking at Barry and Caitlin. "We let him out..." I say quietly.

"Are you mad?" Cisco asks Caitlin. "I can't tell with those glasses on."

"I'd like to yell and wave my arms, but I'm afraid I'd throw up." Caitlin says, completely monotoned.

"Why?" Barry asks. "What were you guys thinking? You know how dangerous he is."

"He said...he said...." I start but I can't finish because my tears get in the way of my ability to speak. Cisco puts an arm around me, careful to not hurt my left arm.

"Hartley said he knew what happened to Ronnie." Cisco says.

"I told you to let it go." Caitlin says. "I didn't want you looking into that for me."

"I wasn't doing it for you." Cisco says. "I...I sealed Ronnie into the accelerator before it blew. He told me to wait two minutes and...I waited, but he didn't come back. And I can't stop thinking, 10, 20 seconds and...Ronnie wouldn't be like he is right now. I've wanted to tell you so many times. I'm so sorry."

"So you carried that around this whole time?" Caitlin asks. She walks over to us. "Do you know what Ronnie would say if he was here? He wold say that you did the right thing. It wasn't your fault." She tells Cisco. "What happened that night wasn't anybody's fault. Come on. Don't we have a teleporter to catch?"

"Mack." Barry whispers and I go over to him and he puts his arm around me as we listen to Dr. Wells.

"We do have a teleporter to catch." Dr. Wells says. "And fortunately we do have a promising theory. Take a look at this." He says and pulls something up in the computer. "Now, This is the normal behavior of the particulate that Shawna left behind. Watch what happens if we remove light."

We watch all the moving purple dots go still when Dr. Wells removes light from the sample.

"Shawna can only become entangled with something she can see." Dr. Wells says. "Take away her ability to do that—"

"She can't teleport." Cisco finishes.

"Exactly." Dr. Wells says.

"So, we just need to get her in a dark space. How do we do that?" Caitlin says and Barry's phone rings. He goes to answer it.

"It's a valid question." Dr. Wells says.

"Hello?" Barry says into the phone. "What? Yeah, I'll be right there." He says with a hint of panic in his voice.

"What's wrong?" Dr. Wells asks.

"M-my dad. He's been stabbed." Barry says and then he flashes away.

***

A little later, Barry was in a tunnel fighting Shawna and Clay who were in a car and Shawna was teleporting like crazy.

"Barry. Remember. She cannot teleport if she cannot see. Limit her field of vision." Dr. Wells reminds him through the coms.

Caitlin, Dr. Wells, and Cisco were sitting at the computers and I was standing next to Mr. West.

I guess Barry was successful cause next thing I know, Caitlin, Cisco, Barry and I were standing outside Shawna's cell in the pipeline, watching her try to escape.

"Is there any way she can teleport out of this?" Barry asks.

"It's impossible." Cisco says. "It's one-way glass. It's mirrored on the inside. No one dangerous is ever gonna get out of this thing again."

"Shawna." Barry says. "Clay left you. He's out there, and you're in here."

"You know what the crazy thing is?" Shawna asks. "I still love him."

"Cisco." Barry whispers for Cisco to close the steel door.

"Crazy is right." Caitlin says to Barry as they walk out of the accelerator wing.

"What's next?" I ask Cisco.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"What's our next step to getting Ronnie back?" I ask.

"There is no next step." He says. "Caitlin said to leave it alone."

"But...we can't just leave Ronnie." I say. "Cisco, he's my brother. I can't just not help him if he's out there." I grab Cisco's hands. "Cisco, I want my big brother back." I say with tears in my eyes. "I want him to hold me. I want him to tell me everything's gonna be okay. I want him to kiss my forehead a-and hug me when I'm scared. I want my brother."

Cisco doesn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Fine. I'm gonna get my brother back." I say. "With or without you."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hope you guys liked that chapter. Comment and vote,  I love all kinds of feedback. That's the last chapter of the episode. Next chapter up MONDAY. 

-MC