Chapter 40- Fallout

MacKenzie's POV

***

I grip onto my cross necklaces with my good hand and pray. "Bring my brother home." I whisper through tears.

***

I pace the cortex, playing nervously with my brace. We hear an explosion on the other side of the coms.

"Barry?" Dr. Wells asks. "Barry, what happened out there?"

"Are you guys Okay?" Cisco asks and I hold my breath.

"I think so." Barry says and I breathe out, relieved.

"Oh God, The Nuclear explosion. There's no telling how much radiation we were exposed to." I hear Caitlin say.

"Wait—Wait, wait, wait, This can't be." Cisco says. "The Geiger counter in the suit—it's reading less than one millirad."

"But that's normal." Barry says.

"There's no radiation." Dr. Wells says.

"Let's go." Barry says.

"Did it work? Did you separate them?" Cisco asks Barry.

"I don't know." Barry says.

"Ronnie?" I hear Caitlin say and I stop with my back against the wall and put my good hand over my mouth.

"We're coming home." Barry says. "All of us." Barry says and I slide down the wall, crying.

***

"I missed you so much, man." Cisco says and I see him release Ronnie.

"Ronnie." I whisper and he looks at my.

"KenZ." He says and I run into his arms and he picks me up and holds me as I cry into his shoulder. "It's okay. I'm here. Just like I promised." Ronnie whispers to me and I squeeze him tighter and cry harder. He kissed my head and combed a hand through my hair to see my face. He wiped his thumb across my cheek to wipe the tears away and I could see tears in his eyes too.

I heard Dr. Wells roll up behind us and Ronnie leans me on his hip and I rest my head against his shoulder.

"Welcome back, Mr. Raymond." Dr. Wells says.

"Dr. Wells. Caitlin told me what happened to you. I'm so sorry." Ronnie says.

"I'm responsible for putting myself in this chair. You are responsible for my still being alive-thank you." Dr. Wells says.

"You said you'd bring him back. And you did. Thank you." Caitlin says.

"You're welcome." Dr. Wells whispers.

"Excuse me?" Professor Stein says. "Are we all planning to sing Kumbaya next?"

"Professor Stein, I presume." Dr. Wells says.

"Harrison Wells." Professor Stein says. "Do you gave Somewhere I could freshen up and get a change of clothes?"

"Of course." Dr. Wells says and we all walk down the hallway.

***

I was sitting in Ronnie's lap while Caitlin tested him.

"Mack." Ronnie laughs. "I need to breathe." He says, referring to how I, practically attached to him.

"You kidding me? I just got you back. I won't be leaving your side for a while." I smile at him.

"Your vitals appear to be normal." Caitlin says. "Except you have a slight fever of 100.6."