Chapter 16- Plastique

MacKenzie's POV

I hold my knees close to my chest for a couple hours as I lean again the steel door.

I stopped crying a while again, but I continue to sniffle as I think about what Barry said.

I know he didn't mean it. He was just upset about not being able to save Bette. But what he said still hurt.

"Mack..." Cisco whispers and I look up to see him leaning against the doorway to the pipeline.

"How long have you been there?" I choke out as he comes closer. He sits down on the ground next to me and hugs me tightly.

"You're okay." Cisco says as I sob into his chest.

"First I lost Ronnie." I cry into his chest. "And then Barry starts to feel like another brother to me and then he...he doesn't even want me!" I yell.

The ground starts to rumble and Cisco flinches away, scared that my quakes will hurt him again.

"Mack..." Cisco says, standing up. "He didn't mean it." He puts his arms in front of him as he tries to get me to calm down.

I stand up and stomp my foot of the ground, making a loud bang and a crack runs down the middle of the floor. I look down and gulp.

"No..." I whisper.

"Mack, you gotta stop." Cisco tells me, coming closer.

"No!" I yell, throwing my fists to my side, causing Cisco to be knocked off his feet. He looks up at me from the ground with so much hurt in his eyes. "I can't stop it." I tell him.

"Yes, you can." Cisco reassures me, using his arms to pick himself off the ground. I turn around, facing the pipeline door. "Mack..." Cisco trails off quietly.

I walk over to the computer next to the door and open up the pipeline door

"Mack, look at me!" Cisco says.

"I'm sorry, Cisco. But Barry was right." I tell him, walking into one of the metahuman cells. As soon as I step in, the quakes stop. "I'm dangerous...and I can't afford to hurt you."

"Mack, come out of there." Cisco says, opening the door from the computer.

"No, Cisco!" I yell at him. "If I'm in here, you won't get hurt. No one will get hurt."

"You're not gonna hurt anyone. We can help you!" Cisco yells to me.

"No you can't. The only thing that can help me is this cell." I tell him. "I stepped in here, and the quakes stopped. This is the best solution I've got."

"Mack, come with me-" Cisco tries again.

"No Cisco!" I forcibly yell, stomping my foot on the ground. "Barry was right! I'm a monster and I can only hurt you!" Then, I lower my voice a little. "Please, Cisco. Close the door." I tell him.

He nods and closes the door with tears in his eyes, knowing he's not gonna get me out of the cell.

"Thank you." I whisper as the door closes. I can no longer see him and I lean against the small wall and bring my knees to my chest.

***

I could tell that Cisco and Caitlin were watching me from the cameras, but I didn't suspect someone to actually come down.

The door opens and I stay in my spot against the wall.

It was Barry. I turn my back to him and wipe my brown hair out of my face.

"Bette's dead." He simply puts and my shoulders drop.

"No." I whisper to myself.

"I'm sorry." Barry says.

"You don't have to be." I tell him. "You were right. I'm dangerous."

"You don't belong down here." Barry says.

"Yes I do." I tell him, sanding up and standing in front of the glass to face him. "I DO belong here. This is where criminals, bad guys, or monsters go."

"Your powers may be hard to control, but that doesn't make you a monster." Barry tells me.

"Yes, it does" I say.

"But you WANT to be good. You WANT to get better and fight along side me." Barry says.

"So did Bette." I choke out. "She had uncontrollable and dangerous powers. Bette wanted to be good. Bette wanted to fight against the bad. And what did that her? She's dead now " I tell him, a few tears streaming down my face.

"I'm gonna help you." Barry says, putting his hand flat against the glass.

"I'll be waiting here." I tell him, putting my hand to be pressed against his with only the glass in between us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hope you liked that chapter! It was a little longer than the other one, and it was also the last chapter of the episode. Don't forget to vote and comment. Next chapter up by Monday. 

-MC