Chapter 15- Plastique

MacKenzie's POV

I wake up in the hospital bed in the cortex. Sitting up, I look around and see Bette, Dr. Wells, Caitlin and Cisco, but no Barry. Everyone has a look on their face.

I stand slowly out of bed and lean against the bed with my feet on the floor, crossing my arms over my chest as no one says anything.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Barry asks, coming into the cortex, sensing the same bad news I was. "Does Eiling know you're here." He asks Bette.

"No." Bette says. "Caitlin were about to give me the not so good news." She strains out.

"The shrapnel in your body...has merged with you on a cellular level." Caitlin says.

"The technology required to unspoiled your DNA, hasn't been invented yet." Dr. Wells tells Bette, who looks down and starts crying. I feel bad for her. I know what it's like to have uncontrollable dangerous powers.

"Bette." Barry whispers.

"It's okay. Roger that." Bette chokes out. "I just need a minute. Don't worry, pretty sure I can cry without blowing stuff up." She says before storming off.

"What now?" Cisco asks, bringing my attention back to them.

"She joins us." Barry says. "Becomes a part of the team."

"Barry..." Caitlin says, walking over to him. "You have an amazing ability to help people. She...makes things explode."

"She's the first metahuman not hell-bent on destroying this city." Barry says.

"It's too dangerous." Dr. Wells simply puts.

"Well she's not going in the pipeline." Barry states.

"I'm not suggesting she go in the pipeline, but were she to remain at STAR labs, it would put all of us at risk." Dr. Wells tells him.

"From who? Eiling?" Barry asks.

"Eiling is a dangerous man, Barry." Dr. Wells says. "We do not want him as an enemy."

"After the lightening bolt, what if you hadn't found me?" Barry asks. "It could've been me. Hunted. On the run. Cut off from everyone I know and care about. You guys saved me."

"And I want to save her just as bad as you do, Barry." Caitlin says. "We all do."

"She's too dangerous." Dr. Wells says. He turns his wheelchair around but then Barry points back at me.

"So is she!" Barry says in a raised voice and I drop my hands by my side. "She's dangerous, yet we keep her here."

"No." I whisper, looking at my hands.

"Mack's different, Barry." Caitlin says.

"Why? I don't see any difference." Barry raises his voice. "They both have uncontrollable powers and they are both dangerous, yet we keep her here."

I know he was just upset that Bette, a good hearted person, had to leave, but man, that hurt when he said those things.

So what did I do?

Well, after the ground started shaking after Barry finished, I ran out of the cortex with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I run down to the steel door of the pipeline where Ronnie died and lean my back against it, holding my cross necklaces and crying into my knees. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. I am so incredibly sorry that this chapter is SO short. But, I hope you liked it anyways. Next chapter will be up by tomorrow. Don't forget to vote and comment! 

-MC