1

10/19/17

I'm sorry if I seem uninterested
Or I'm not listenin' or I'm indifferent
Truly, I ain't got no business here

                                    -Alessia Cara, Here

Storm.

            I stared into space for two minutes before I snapped out of it and glanced at my professor who was writing some equation on the board. I sighed and slipped my phone out of my jacket pocket and slowly put in my code.

"Excuse me, teacher?" One of the girls in my class, Kiera, interrupted causing me to glance up. Her ass always gotta be loud, I thought to myself.

"Professor, Kiera. What can I help you with?" I tuned them out as she started to drone on and on about how she didn't understand what the lesson was on. You sit in the front row, attend office hours, and ask the teacher questions all day... why don't you know, girl?

"None of my business," I whispered gently reminding myself not to worry about other people. A few people glanced my way and I shrunk in my seat a little.

"You talking to yourself again, biggie smalls?" Aaron, a rude but fine guy spoke causing my face to heat up. Not because of his fineness, but because he called me out. I talk to myself all the time but I thought everyone was used to it by now.

"I was thinking of the next text to send your dad, son." I replied smartly, faking confidence that I didn't have. He clenched his jaw but turned back around in his seat at the teacher's command. I slowly let out the breath I'd been holding in and prayed that the bell would end soon.

I glanced back at Aaron and hated him all of a sudden. I hated being called biggie smalls just because I had rolls and a stomach to go with it. My thighs were the biggest thing on me and my butt was flat, but I didn't need to be reminded of that every time I came outside. I'm sure he was aware of the fact that the dorms came equipped with mirrors.

My eyes wandered back down to my phone. I shrugged and allowed myself to start scrolling through my Instagram.

Soon, the bell rung and I shot out of my seat with my backpack sliding onto my shoulders, not waiting for anymore insults from anyone.

I rushed outside and past the crowd of people, stopping at a secluded area near a wall.

I took my headphones out of my pocket and inserted them into my phone as I leaned against the wall.

Waiting for the crowd to pass, I looked down and avoided all eyes of my fellow classmates. I had to be careful because anything would spark a panic attack or some sort of breakdown and I couldn't afford to be weak today.

Finally, the crowd became few. I found my favorite playlist on Apple music and hit shuffle before starting to walk to my next class with a pep in my step.

Wouldn't want to be more than ten minutes late.