12

11/14/2017

Tonight,

I'm just laying here,

Wet and wishing

-          Shannon Marie, Mr. Single

Storm.

My hands shook as I rushed to pack all of my outfits for the night. Another stripper, Leena, walked in the room making me glance up before finishing my task.

The sweatpants and tight hoodie I threw on made me feel hot until I took a couple of deep breaths. I had to keep myself from panicking in front of all of these whispering, nosy hoes.

"You okay, love?" She asked coming over to me with concern. I paused and looked at her before sighing. Leena had become my best friend since I dropped out of college and moved halfway across the United States. I didn't have any friends when I moved here, but I met her when I was homeless and sleeping in alleys. She seen me and offered to let me clean up at her place. Leena told me where she worked, and we worked out every day until I was fit enough to strip. She even helped me out when my mental health acted out. I trusted Leena with my life.

"He's here, Leena." I mumbled and broke eye contact with her. She leaned against my chair.

"Whose here, Storm?" She asked as she finished packing my duffel bag up.

"Harlem. The boy I was in love with. He's a man now." I sighed again, truly unable to say anything. I knew he didn't recognize me with my hair in my face, but I'd know those grey eyes anywhere.

His hair was now in dreads that hung down his back, he looked more muscular, and he was still sexy just seemed more mature.

"Storm, I know you didn't run from the nigga who's the reason you're still a virgin?" She whispered so none of the other girls could hear. Nobody knew I was a virgin but Leena. I shot her a look causing her to chuckle a little.

"I just need some air, Lee. I told you the story about him and you know we're not meant to be!" I huffed and grabbed my bag up. Leena didn't try to stop me as I walked out of the dressing room and down the hall until I was in the main part of the club.

Just as I almost made it out, I bumped into the owner, Gambino.

"You ran out on my friend." He stated and pointed behind him. I immediately had to take deep breaths as I made eye contact with Harlem who was directly behind Gambino.

"I gave him a dance, Gambino." I said trying to keep my tone even. He chuckled.

"Bitch, you didn't even let him pay you. If he wanted you in there bent on all fours, you should've been." He stated and then turned towards Harlem who stared at me weirdly. I didn't know if he knew me or not.

"It's cool. Just wanted to pay her for the night." His deep voice spoke, causing me to clench my thighs. I saw him look down at the gesture, a look flickering in his eyes, but not changing his face. He stepped up and handed me the money without looking at me.

"I apologize, and I can get someone else to finish for you if you'd like." Gambino said, trying to reason with Harlem. I looked at Harlem as he spoke to Gambino. Who had he become to be begged by Gambino?

I turned and walked away, realizing the conversation no longer needed me.

I made it out of the club and to the parking lot. I paused for a slight minute, feeling like I was being watched before I pulled my keys out.

A hand wrapped around my waist tightly, almost causing me to scream. For some reason, I didn't scream, only waited.

"You thought I forgot?" His deep voice finally spoke, causing me to almost melt in his arms.

Storm is a... stripper. How yall feel about that?

She has a friend!! LEENA!

Who is this Gambino dude?

Harlemmmmmm

VOTE. COMMENT. VOTE.

Tee