9

11/4/2017

"Maybe you'll be sorry, maybe you'll be cold."

                                    - Brandy, Almost Doesn't Count

Storm.

"Baby," I heard from behind me as I stood in line waiting to get some chicken alfredo. I paid no attention to the voice because I knew nobody was talking to me.

I felt myself being pulled into arms and my heart began to race until I tilted my head back and saw Harlem's grey eyes staring back into my brown eyes. I smiled, and he leaned down to peck my lips.

"You was gon ignore me, pretty girl?" He asked in his deep voice, making me instantly blush. I nodded and he pecked my lips again before letting me go.

"I'm not used to having nobody calling me baby. Sorry for ignoring you," I said sincerely as he held me around my waist. I ordered my food and he ordered some type of pasta before we stood off to the side.

"I'll give you a pass today, but don't let it happen again. Daddy'a tap that ass." He said seriously causing me to roll my eyes.

I tried to ignore all of the attention we were getting but it was kind of hard. I knew ignoring everyone was out of the window when Bre, a few of her friends, and some of Harlem's teammates entered into the café. I watched silently as they scanned the area until their eyes landed on Harlem and I.

"Baby, you ain't hear them call our names for the food?" Harlem asked me, snapping me out of my trance. He held both pasta bowls in his hands. Before I could respond, a flash of blonde weave squeezed in between Harlem and me.

"You must be trying to play me, Harlem?! You couldn't be serious fucking with peggy the piggy ass over here," She yelled as she pointed her finger back at me without turning around. Her crowd of people snickered and laughed. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her by her hair, politely moving her out of my way.

"Bitch, I tol' you that you needed to stop testing me. Yet, here your ass is popping up like a pop quiz. Don't your ass got a security guard's dick that should be in your stomach right now?" I said low enough so that only her and Harlem could hear. She looked sick for a moment and looked around to see if anyone else heard me then she looked at Harlem.

"Baby, you need to stop hanging around this lame hoe. She's delusional," Bre whined and I laughed loud as hell causing her friends to step close.

"Bro, fuck what you and Bre got going on. You really fucking with this big, weird bitch?" Aaron's rude ass asked in disbelief. Harlem chuckled and sat our pasta down on a countertop.

"Call her out her name again, my guy." Harlem said and stepped in Aaron's face. Aaron held his hands up and backed up. Harlem turned to Bre and her friends.

"Yall came over here for that issue and if any one of you bitches touch her, you'll get it. Bre go fuck on that old ass nigga you be fucking. Me and bae straight!" He said  sternly as he eyed everyone, including his teammates. Nobody said anything to their captain, instead they all left out.

Harlem grabbed the food and nodded for me to follow him without any words. I knew he was mad, but not at me so I wasn't about to whine about him ignoring me. I went through shit like this on a daily so it didn't affect me at all.

We both paid for our food and walked to one of the campus libraries in silence. We were supposed to be studying anyway.

Once we were in a private room and seated with our books out and food being eaten, Harlem finally decided to speak to me.

"I aint gon' be taking up for you all the time. You should've beat that bitch ass. Coming in your face like that and you just standing there. Type shit is that," Harlem fussed angrily. I paused mid-bite of my food before setting my fork down. I finished chewing my food and swallowing before I replied.

"You wanted me to fight her because of what Harlem? Bitch didn't touch me. None of them did, so what do I need to worry about? Shit like that happens all the time and until someone swing, it's cool." I said seriously. He gave a bitter laugh.

"I can't be with no soft ass bitch," He said bluntly and I felt my head jerk back as I looked at him. It was my turn to chuckle. We hadn't even been together for a damn week and he was on his bullshit.

"Good thing my mama aint raise no bitches then." I said and grabbed my work. He smirked and sat back in his seat before throwing his hand at me like, 'whatever'. 

"And I sure didn't see you knock your bitch ass teammate out either. Whole team full of bitches and the captain the biggest one," I spat before stuffing my work in my book bag. I snatched up my food before walking out of the private room without a backwards glance.

I was so angry, I almost threw my food away. Luckily I caught it before it hit the trash.

'You mad, but you aint crazy,' I said to myself and continued to walk to my dorm.

He better not come to me when his face cracked again, he won't even get a taste of the kitty.

Bre really wants Storm to stomp her, so, why Storm keep sparing her?!

Was Harlem in the wrong?

Whose side you taking?

Harlem Hunty You Tried It!!! Aint No Soft Bitches This Way!!!

VOTE. COMMENT. VOTE

Tee