15

12/05/2017

It don't take a lot to keep it unpredictable
As long as you let me love your heart and touch your soul
And when you give it up to me, you give your all
'Cause all that I give in return is
Cold, hard, hard love

-Tory Lanez, Cold Hard Love

Harlem.

"It's five in the morning, so, nothing about this conversation is a necessity right now." Storm rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest like a child. I chuckled and looked away from her breasts that she pushed up in that position. Instead of staring, I ran my hand through my dreads.

"I'm pretty sure you grown as hell now--" I started.

"Twenty-two to be exact." She responded smartly causing me to get slightly irritated, but I brushed it off understanding her anger.

"Aight, I'm twenty-three? I just established you was grown." I said through gritted teeth. Babygirl was trying every bit of my patience.

"You should've left my presence in that damn club if you gon' sit in my house and act like you don't understand why I'm angry!" She finally uncrossed her arms, pointing a finger at me. I sat back and shook my head.

"I never said you shouldn't be angry, but damn... It's been five years and we still can't even have a decent conversation, Storm?" I asked as gently as possible.

"Remember when you said you loved me?" She asked quietly, and I watched her face for any sign of a trap. She was too calm asking that question.

"I remember." I confirmed, clearing my throat.

"Let me tell you how you showed me you loved me," She stated as she smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. "Your love was over before it started, but it was what you deemed as love. Coming over to bring me food; I loved that shit. Coming over to eat me out because it relaxed you, right? Popping up for someone to talk to when I was high off my ass and we could just chill? That was your only version of love for me. You know what I think?" She asked still smiling. I sighed and shook my head.

"No, what you think?" I asked, agitated.

"I think you wasn't in love with me; you was just being a nigga and trying to have your pussy and eat it too," She chuckled bitterly. I clenched my fists subconsciously.

"The only thing you right on is the fact that I'm a nigga. I never even put my lips on another girl before, but you think that shit is cute for you to continue to repeat. I showed love the way I knew how. We never went through our history; you don't know how muafuckas showed me love growing up! I always been a man and stood on my own two feet and aint shit changed. I've grown up, Storm. You can't even look me in my eyes, but when you ready to have an adult conversation, here's my number," I stood up and pulled my business card out of my pocket. I threw it down on the table before going in her room to get dressed, leaving her sitting on her couch.

I did fuck up with Storm, I did. But, she aint finna sit in my face and tell me I never loved her just because of her own demons.

I requested a Lyft and walked out of Storm's bedroom towards her door. I paused right before I reached her front door.

"And if you wouldn't have let that bitch get to you, you would've understood what was going on that day. She came to me and said she was pregnant, so I was holding her ass being a good friend when you seen us. The baby was the security nigga's baby. When I looked for you, you were gone." I said letting my words sink in as I unlocked her door. I closed it quietly, not looking back as I slid into the Lyft driver's car.

How would you feel in Storm's position?

Should Storm still be angry?

Is Harlem telling the truth?

Who hates a friendly ass nigga?!

thinking of dropping four more chapters today... what yall think?

Tee