28

04/01/2018

'Cause we got hood love, cause I be cussin' I be screaming
Like its over
Then I'm loving then I'm feeling just to hold ya
And that's how we do
You know that hood love is the good love
That's me and you

                                    -Mary J. Blige, Hood Love

Storm.

I pushed the bitch off me, then smacked fire from Harlem's face. Layke glared at me angrily but didn't make any more movements toward me. Harlem reached out and grabbed my wrist stopping me from smacking him again.

"Yo, what the fuck is your issue?!" His voice boomed through my apartment cause me to snap my hand back, almost breaking it from his death grip.

"I'm a grown ass woman! I'm not your toy and I DON'T need to prove I'm down for nobody! What the fuck do I look like to you?!" I yelled getting in face and forgetting his tight ass grip until he let go to point a finger in my face.

"I gotta make sure I got the right bitch around me! Shit is really a war out here and I don't have time to coddle your ass like I did in college!" He revealed causing me to step back feeling vulnerable and exposed. Layke was no longer looking at us, but she now stood by the door.

"I'm nobody's bitch!" I yelled frustrated. I went and sat down, placing my head in my hands.

"You just had your sister, whose been pretending to be my bestfriend, bust in my house in tears for some dumb ass test. What part was even real of that shit?" I whispered once I finally looked up.

"He texted me while we were talking. Everything was real," Layke interjected from her position in my house. I looked towards her and then back to Harlem who remained silent. He was on his phone as if he could give a fuck about me and this conversation.

"Your issue is you always letting your emotions run you. Only the strong survive, Phatphat. You starting to look weak." Harlem said bluntly, and I chuckled before getting up and walking towards my door. Layke moved out of the way as I opened it and motioned for them to leave.

"Get out. You've overstayed your welcome, as usual." I said, and Layke shrugged and walked out without a backwards glance. Harlem only walked to the door and pushed it shut, locking it with him still inside of it. I tried to open it, but he pulled me away from the door.

            "You mine now, Storm. You can kick me out, but I aint going no where far love. Should've thought about that before you opened your legs," He had pulled me up against him and was whispering in my ear as he held me around my waist with one hand and my throat with the other.

            Now was not the time for me to be getting turned on by his crazy ass, but here I was...

            "Get your crazy ass away from me, Harlem. And get the fuck out of my house!" I hated myself for my voice wavering. He only chuckled and kissed my neck before letting me go. He walked around me and opened my door, but not before turning around.

            "I just made love to the woman of my dreams, lost a father figure, got my mother snatched, and might have to kill my brother-in-law... wait on crazy, baby." He winked before walking out of the door, shutting it behind him.

            I breathed out deeply, hurriedly locking the door before going and plopping on the couch damn near ripping my side table drawer off to get to my weed.

            I rolled my blunt in record time.

The first puff took away the shakes of a stemming panic attack waiting to happen.

The second puff put me at ease.

The third puff made me laugh.

(Sidenote: Normally don't do this, buuuuuttttt)

Harlem.

            "Harlem, you shouldn't have pushed her," Layke said as we rode in her car. I looked out the window before looking over at her.

            "You are Gambino's daughter, Layke. You've been pretending to be her friend for fucking years. You were next to her. You lied to me and told me you were watching her when you were really her fucking babysitter, sitting and breathing in the same air she was breathing in." I chuckle darkly.

            "Look, someone had to keep her safe. You needed to finish school. You didn't need to follow after her. Papa had already lost his mind losing us. I came back for you and I left again for you. For your love! Because I know what the fuck love is like!" She yelled and pulled the car onto the side of the road. She put it in park and got out of the car, screaming at the top of her lungs. I sighed and followed her out of the car.

            "Why the fuck would you push her like that? Make me push my best friend like that?! Wasn't it enough that I showed up to her house pregnant and unannounced? I lost everything like you did! But I just lost the nigga I love and my bestfriend as well as my fucking parents! I'm better than you and Gambino!" She said finally breaking down again.

            I'd never saw Layke cry so much in my life. She was the strongest woman I knew and to see her cry twice in one day... she didn't even cry from the bruises she let Storm leave on her for me.

            "I'm sorry, Layke." I pulled her into a hug as she sobbed. She only shook her head as she cried.

            "You're not. Why did he have to leave us so young and make you this coldhearted muafucka you are? Make me this coldhearted bitch I am?" She sighed into my chest as her sobs died down. She looked up to me and pulled my head down, kissing my forehead.

            "I'm sorry. But, I gotta finish this shit. I gotta go to his real playground." I said softly, and her eyes looked so sad already knowing what I was talking about.

            "Let me go," She said immediately, and I shook my head no.

            "No more sacrifices for anyone, but that baby. Go get your bestfriend back." I said, and she looked at me before smiling. She hugged me again before leaning back. I smiled and stepped around her to open her car door for her.

            "Te amo," She said with her hand on the door. I nodded and grabbed her hand placing it on my heart. I dropped her hand and pointed towards the car.

            Layke let a single tear roll down her face before she hopped in her car, driving off. I looked both ways on the road before pulling my phone out calling someone.

            "Hello?" A voice came on the line.

            "I need to see you. Meet me somewhere." I spoke quietly.

            I had to do this...

Storm does not play!

What's yall feelings on Layke?

Whose Harlem talking to? Hmmm...

Tee