chapter thirty seven - an announcement

If you are wondering what happened to the phoenixes then, well, we took the fire crystals from all twelve and left it in my bag.

Soon after, you could see amazed people who were gossiping that we killed them...which we didn't, but we decided to keep it a secret.

The next day, the gossiping was set like wildfire, everyone in the school knew about it. Everyone gathered around me, "Was it true that you killed those master leveled phoenixes?!" One asked.

"Well, not exactly, but close enough?" I told them, a bit confused myself. En raised an eyebrow.

"No, I had a spirit who helped. She was a spirit I encountered that made an alliance with me." I told them, that was a lie by the way.

Their eyes glimmered brightly. "How did you do that? Did you convince her or anything?"

"No, she simply just nodded and made an alliance with me after we crossed paths."

"Lucky!"

But, soon after, everyone started to forget about the phoenixes, so I was free again. We were at class now, and our teacher said that he had an announcement he wanted to make.

"Hello class, today, I have a new announcement. Ever since you were younger, you have been preparing, now, we will present you with rewarding missions! You will get a reward everytime you finish a mission. For example, killing high leveled beasts for a certain client, you might get 6,000 kiis!"

My eyes, widened! 6,000 ks?! That's a lot of money!

This will be great!

"..But, first! You must have these devices.." He pulled out a thing that looked like a watch, but much more futuristic than Earth's, "..This is holographic, it will contain, accomplishments, rewards, leaderboards, maps and other things. Amazing. Truly." He said.

He smiled and then, a woman opened our classroom door with a tray full of them.

"Epic!" A student said in amazement. The woman smiled and told us, "Yes, epic I see! Remember, you only get one so be responsible." Her joyful face turned into a serious expression.

Everyone nodded their heads.

As everyone was taking one of those watches, it was my turn and the woman shook her head, "You were grounded from any school material, you may not have this watch unless you have achieved another type of magic."

I frowned.

Everyone else snickered except for my friends, or who actually knew me.

En had one. Aqua had one. Sano had one. Everyone except me.

I sighed and asked the woman, "So, I cannot go on missions?"

"If you want to, you may." She fake smiled. And hurried away as soon as possible. Huh?

Oh, so she's afraid of me, like other people. Geez.

I frowned. "Look at Lilly, being embarrassed." A girl said, sarcastically while smirking. At me. And her girls chuckling in the back.

"Embarrassed? I don't feel embarrassed." I said straightforwardly.

She flinched. "Oh no you aren't, you are embarrassed," she pointed at me while looking away.

"That is a forceful move you got there, I seriously don't feel embarrassed, why aren't my cheeks red? Maybe pink. But, you can see I am not blushing. Blushing is a sign of embarrassment, and struggling words out of your mouth are also a sign of embarrassment, so the truth is that I am not embarrassed, but upset." I said casually.

That was a long speech you got there.

She just walked away. With the girls she calls or collects as friends, gang members, or whatever.

I heard Lady Victoria.

Yes, I said that it was a long speech. Very useless for just arguing if you are embarrassed or not.

I just wanted to tell her, everything in life could be a big deal, even if it's a negative or forceful comment.

Oh. Cool, I guess.

I guess?

I said cool.

See, that's forcing someone to make it even more positive, or something along those lines.

Hmm, okay. I understand your point, I guess.

You keep saying 'I guess', but okay, I guess.

Oh, come on child!

When it was lunch, Aqua asked, "Wasn't that a bit too much?"

"What was?"

"Arguing about embarrassment?"

"No, I don't think so. To be a good inspiration, you must not give negative comment if it is a lie, or force a comment from someone if they don't actually mean it."

"I see where you are getting at. Actually no."

"I'm no longer explaining. It's such a little thing, don't think about it."

"Okay, I guess." Again?! Is 'I guess' a thing now?!

END OF CHAPTER