chapter eighty four - back to school

It was 'that' day again. Yes, that day. That day is what you call SCHOOL. Yes, school. Guess what? I'm in the carriage, I'm more frustrated than nervous right now. My father's stupid remark!

He even insulted Ghlia!

"Are you okay?" En asked me generously, I nodded slightly before coming back to my thoughts. Food for thought.

As we arrived, students were staring at us like we were some sort of bullies coming back to the school they bullied. Well, I mean, that wasn't me...it was that other person!

When I was back in my seat, Aqua suddenly came up to me. The first thing she said was, "You were third in the singing competition."

Second, "I heard you were wanted in Eclipsia, but then the wanted signs and papers were cancelled because you didn't actually do anything wrong.."

Third, "Hi Lilly!"

She said that at the end?! That was a weird greeting. Then, people started to come up to me, as well as En.

One of those people were Princess Elise. "Lilly, you were lucky to get out of trouble, you troublemaker!"

"It was a misunderstanding, your majesty. I didn't actually do anything bad."

"But everything you say is bad! Everything you do is cruel!" She shouted at me elegantly, really elegantly. The whole class stared at us. Princess Elise didn't seem to care.

Ghlia was hiding in my bag, apparently, she was sleeping. Yesterday, she explained that she was still young, younger than me, unexpectedly, but she could transform to anything.

I was amazed.

"Your majesty, did I do anything terrible to you everywhere? I wasn't mean when you went to school or when I was in Eclipsia, not even when I am talking right now. This is not mean, I know you want to take revenge because my old stupidity said stupid remarks."

Elise didn't dare to blink, but she failed to speak. I know she her fear of stuttering. It happened many times, she struggled in arguments because she hated them.

I shrugged as I pulled En out of his chair and walked out of the room. Everyone was quiet, and I found it amusing. En gave me a small smile for a thanks. When I saw Sano out of the window, I shouted, "Sano! Hey!" (In a nice way.)

He looked up, he thought it was one of his fangirls, but when he figured out that it was me, he waved back and grinned. En also waved at him.

"Hello! Welcome back, En and Lilly. How was your trip?" He asked when he walked up to our classroom. An awkward silence followed.

"...Perhaps, you do not want to talk about it?" We nodded. This was kind of classified, and we wouldn't want him to know. As he left for his seat, the girls followed him and started to fawn over him. Haha.

Pain...FEEL THE PAIN!! It was En, now it's you. Sorry, I'm just tired of being respectful and saying respectful phrases and respectful greetings.

When Sano was surrounded by girls, En was like a knight while I was his shield. Ahahaha. Unexpectedly, a girl jumped in from the window. Ahahaha...

WHAT?! SHIROI?!! "SHIROI!" I shouted in surprise. She looked at me, then, her eyes shimmered. "Teach me your ways, master Lilly!"

What? Teach her what ways?

"What ways?"

"Your phoenix, was she Glia?"

"No, Ghlia."

"Oh...can you teach me how to tame a phoenix?" Shiroi asked quietly. She was wearing our school uniform, with its navy blue suit and skirt. I still would want to stay away from annoyingly short skirts. Please.

"How did you know about Ghlia?"

"En!" She answered cheerfully. I inspected her carefully, then, I saw her teeth. Vampire teeth?! I looked at her hair, a horn?! I didn't see it just then!

A demon?! Was she a descendant of the rare creature, a demon?!!!! How?

"A demon." My words poured out, like lemonade. She froze. It was like we were in a manga, somehow. Her mouth was in a square shape, her her eyes were blank, she was black and white, and she looked like she was in a quick sketch.

"Are you okay?" I tapped her shoulder. She was shocked even more than when she first froze. I stared into her eyes.

Then, like an action movie, the stare shot her like a gun. "Oww!" She muttered loudly. "Nothing is wrong," she casually said after moments of being suddenly dumbfounded.

END OF CHAPTER