chapter sixty nine - the divine yet strange god

I blinked once, then twice. A man appeared in my vision- I mean a boy.

He was twice as tall as me, a bit taller than En, and he looked like a 16 year old.

He has white hair and the most greyish eyes I've ever seen in the history of humanity.

He answered me in a emotionless yet nice way, "Hello, what is your business here, young lady?"

...

"Umm.. I'm here to see the God of Purication. I'm in his list. Umm, Li- Mida Rose." I gave a unnecessary and crooked grin.

A wooden clipboard- They have one of those?!- appeared in his hand as he asked me questions related to me.

How does he know?

How does he know that I used to like flat cakes (pancakes) and tea? How does he know that I know how to bake? How does he know I have that many siblings?

How?

"Let us go to the second master's room."

Second master? So, there is a first, second, and third master?

Apparently, yes.

What was that? I heard something.

-ild!

Didn't sound like Lady Victoria.

-Child!

Oh! Lady Victoria! What are you saying about masters?

What? I didn't say anything about masters.

So it wasn't you.. Leave Lady Victoria.

Child, I was wanting to ask you! If that Firoi child you were talking about gave you a scroll!

Firoi? I don't know. He said that he was a universe ruler or something. By the way, The God, Februus, how is he? Who was he?

The person who reincarnated into Februus was very loving towards Luisa. But, he also loved the other girl.. So apparently, he couldn't choose between both girls.

What's his name?

Jiro. He was very kind to everyone. Not exactly perfect, but he was a gentleman. He's very talented according to Luisa and very good looking to the other girl.

Jiro? He's a Japanese? Like me?

Yes, he's Japanese, except, now, they're all old. Jiro died when he was 87 years old. Years old. Yes.

Who's this other girl?

I felt bad for her, she died because of an illness, and since I wanted Luisa to win the love towards Jiro, I left the girl alone. I still remember her name. But for now, I won't be telling you about her. When she died and left her body, her eyes were empty. Sinful. I know why, it was because she felt a deep depression. And, Jiro and Luisa we're together.

What happened to that girl? Where is she now? Does she have any relatives?

Apparently, yes. She died.

What?! Like that?! She must have had no such luck. Was it a punishment?

I was upset that she would steal Jiro away from Luisa so I asked the Goddess of Luck, Tyche to give her bad luck with a good reason. But, she told me that this was a bad option. When she died, I finally understood what guilt and mistake felt like. I realized that even a goddess like me isn't perfect.

Then, why did you tell me that you were perfect although you weren't? And that you know you weren't? Lady Victoria, were you playing with me?

Yes, because I wanted to. Liria and my cousin gave me that idea.

Seriously? Oh my goodness. You're mean, don't waste my time and temper on your act. Apparently, my payback on you was necessary.

Oh please Rose.

--

"Right this way Miss Mida,"

She directed me to the door with Luisa, Lisi, and Lady Victoria. I'm kind of nervous. He's not as he is before he changed.

The large stone door opened, and a dark hallway was shown. It had stone walls, unlike the room she was in, full of marble and greenery.

As I walked into the hallway, the stone door closed, but the teenage boy who was my age was beside us.

As we walked every few meters, a torch was settled on the wall. And soon after that, we arrived on a dark wooden door with platinum door handles.

He knocked rhythmically on the door as he said, "Second master, Mida Rose has arrived."

He said it so non-emotionally. The door opened and a man peeked out of the door, "There you are! What took you so long?"

He opened the door as I heard him say, "Thanks again Ginga." He said as he closed the door.

Ginga?!

That's his name.

I know, but Ginga?!

Why are you exclaiming?

That's my brother's name! -I mean step older brother's name! It's not really his name, more of his pen name.

Pen name?

It's like a nickname for a story you write, so they won't know your name. So, practically, it's an anonymous name so no one will know about it.

So he's an author? A writer?

Not really, his hobby is just writing. He likes poetry. Now that I think about him, I miss him. He was a great brother to me.

Awww...

But, we totally didn't get along for years.

Really? Wow. Probably explains why you don't really have friends.

Stop it Lady Victoria!

"Are you Miss Mida?"

I nodded as Ginga started to leave. He smiled and went as the other man started to remember something.

"Miss Mida, the Master was actually delighted in seeing you! It was strange, he was never delighted. Might be because of your group of friends."

"Might as well be, may we meet him now?" He asked politely, but rushed.

"Calm! Be calm! It know that it isn't as important, I think."

"It is! My friend will die if I will not talk to him as soon as possible. I risked my life for this!"

"Calm yourself! He is ill today."

"He is ill?"

He nodded in worry as he looked back, a bright light surrounded the room, and then poof! We were somewhere else.

A golden room with a golden throne, and in that throne was.. the God Or Purification! Februus!

"Let us pamper you in jewels and glory!" He said jokingly. He didn't look ill..I looked back at Luisa who was blushing furiously.

Does he know that she is here?

Then, I looked at Lisi Ana, and her face all pale. Lisi? Is she fine?

Not now child!

Why not? She looks scared. Is something the matter?

Child, I said not now!

-+-+-

Yay! Another chapter that reached 1050 words! Enjoy!

- cate ✨

-

END OF CHAPTER