Chapter 2

My eyes hastily open and I feel myself fall down to the bed. It wasn't a dream, that actually happened. No, it was just a dream, just. You just freaking fell down seconds after you saw yourself levitating, what do you think that means! I tell myself. My breath quickens and I run to my bathroom mirror. I calm down when I see my face in one piece. I almost jump to the ceiling when I hear my mom's voice. ''Honey, time for school, and you had better wear those glasses, unless you want to go to school blind.'' I groan and ask her to leave.

Arriving at school, I receive a few whistles here and there but most of the time I got laughed at and was accused, apparently, I was trying to look 'sexy'. I smile wholeheartedly when I find my keys in my schoolbag; I love my mom.

Halfway through the day, it is physical education time. Yeah! My worst time of the day, let the abuse begin. ''Listen up team, today, we are going to be playing some dodgeball. If you know you a pussy, please leave cause I will not have you crying, whining, groaning, anything that will irritate me. Am I understood!'' my gym teacher says. I sort of like Mrs. Smith, mostly because she treats everyone fairly, no matter how pretty you think you are, you are not leaving her class without sweating. Now, she may say you can leave, but that is the worst thing you can do, unless you feel like doing one hundred pushups.

I rush to the changing room to put on my baggy shorts and t-shirt. ''Alright, team, I do not need to tell you the rules of dodgeball, in fact, I don't want to. If you do not know the rules, that's just too bad,'' Mrs. Smith says. ''Boys, are you ready?'' in their deep voices, the boys answer, ''Yes!'' Mrs. Smith does not ask us girls if we are ready because she knows how brutal the boys can be so of cause we're suppose to be ready. Brrr, the whistle sounds and I run for the ball.

As soon as I have a ball in my grasp, something hard hits my head with a heavy blow. ''Brrr, Lucy Greene, you're out. Please make your way to the bench.'' Mrs. Smith says. I turn around to look for the person who threw the ball at me and I lock eyes with Ashley. My lips tighten and without thinking, I walk towards Ashley and her group of minions. I draw my arm back and slap her on her heavily blushed cheeks. ''Oh no, you did not!'' Ashley screams out and immediately tackles me to the ground, she drags and pulls on my hair whilst slapping me repeatedly. ''Help!'' I shout out, but the whole class encouraged Ashley, and I notice that Mrs. Smith was too busy on her phone to notice my screams. ''You little bitch, if you ever, ever, touch me again, I will KILL you. Am I understood!'' I nod violently and as soon as she released me, I find myself running for the bathroom. I slump down on the floor and begin to crying. All of a sudden, the cell-like cubicle began to glow, I touch my face and I see that my tears are glowing. I am glowing. Gradually, the whole bathroom begins to light up. I stand up to leave but the door is locked shut. I look at the mirror and I cannot find my reflection. I am fading away. I scream and bang on the door, begging for someone to please open, but no one does. Even with my glasses on, my vision begins to get blurry and slowly I begin to lose consciousness until I collapse on the floor, blacked out.