Chapter 28

I soon hear myself saying the spell to unlock the gates.

Poseidon and Zeus try to cover my ears from Shota's words but all I could hear in my head was Lucy's voice, filling me with rage, screaming "Avenge me!"

As soon as the gates were open, Shota, in a millisecond, was in my face with a huge smirk on her face, reminding me of the Lucy I had seen in the bathroom. She pressed her right cheek against my right and leaned towards my ears. She whispers, "Like a moth to a flame." I was so busy figuring out what she just said that I did not feel the pain until a second later. I placed my hand on top of hers, which was holding a dagger lodged into my chest, and with all my might, pulled the dagger out. The last thing I see before blacking out is her licking my blood off the blade.

Lucy's P.O.V

I wake up to a very bad smell lingering around and an uncomfortable bedding, but as I get up and tried to rest my arm on the bed, I heard something snap, sounding like a bone. I look to the right and see a skull. Screaming, I quickly get up to take in my surroundings. I am in a wasteland! What is this place? Everywhere, surrounding me wherever I turned was the bones and skulls of probably billions of people. "Hades?" I call out. "Hades! Where are you, this isn't funny, you can't lock me up in whatever it is you call this place!" I felt sick because as I walk, the skulls and bones underneath me are being crushed. I walk for a while, figuring that Hades would be here any second once he realized that I was not laughing or taking any of this lightly. This goes on for a while until I hear a tiny whistle of wind. Then, a crash. I look around for what had fallen and twenty feet away from me, I see a body, not a skeleton-like these ones but human-looking body. I ran quickly over to the body. Turning it to the side, I release a loud gasp. It's Hades. "Hades, wake up," I say with a flicker of hope in me. When he does not respond, I become a bit aggressive. "Hades, WAKE UP!" I say whilst shaking his shoulders wildly. I did not even know I was crying until I saw something wet drop on Hades Cheek. Shota, only she could have done this. Oh gosh, who were we fooling, this war was over before it even began. I let the tears stream down my face as stare at Hades' rigid face. Feeling of rage, sadness and regret fight for dominance as I lay my head on Hades' blood-soaked chest.

Suddenly, I hear a small twinkle. I look up and see something small and bright moving in circles above me and Hades. The light stop beside me and the first thing I feel is a gentle hand on my skin. As though they had never been there, any negative feelings I had disappeared and I felt alive again. The small twinkle of light had turned into a woman of age. Her long white hair spread all around us and she had a halo above her head. She was kneeling next to me and had my hands in hers. As I look at her face, I notice that although the fine lines of wrinkles had not shown mercy on her, her face does not look tired, it looks lively. But her eyes though were sad, they were bright silver and a single drop of tear landed on a skull. I was shocked when the skull, which was attached to a skeleton, transformed its self back to the person it was, flesh and all, before it rotted away. "Hello, goddess of death, my name is Zontanos, and I am the goddess of life."

Sorry for the short chapter.