Chapter 20

"Not what I was expecting." I thought out loud. "Well, sorry to disappoint but this is not a cave. You know you don't give witches enough credits, they are your close but worst enemy." Well, they're not close to me, but they are about to become my worst enemy.

The house was not grand like that of Xavier. It was a house that a family of say, about six would live in. Even though it looked like an average house I could smell the evil reeking off this place. Any spiritual person would immediately know something was off with this house; that's how evil the aura around this property was.

We are only one foot into the lawn when the door opens and a black-haired, pale-faced young woman steps out with a seductive smile on her face. She would fit the saying, "Wolf in sheep's clothing." The kind to lure you into bed and suck you dry of your blood. She blended in well; Blue denim jeans and a crop-top. She looked more like a teenager than a cold-blooded witch. She obviously knew Hades has arrived, why else would she have that sinister-thirsty-seductive look on her face. And she is definitely one of Hades' exes.

She simply glanced at me and with her hand gestured for Hades, directly, to come in. Let the female pissing competition begin.

I come in last after Poseidon. The interior wasn't better than the exterior and the stench was starting to become suffocating. What have they been doing in here. I turn around a corner to see a horizontal row of young women who are on their knees with their hands stretched out towards Hades' feet. They all say in unison, "Welcome, Lord Hades. We are at your service." I resist the urge to stomp on their lovely manicured hands. Am I invisible? Considering that I am Hades' wife, shouldn't I have an 'evil presence' with me too? I too want a presence. I glance at Hades for any form of arousal whatsoever. The women refuse too to acknowledge Poseidon or Zeus. "Rise," he says. They rise to their feet and gesture to a lengthy couch which is facing a very much real human skull. It has been polished to perfection. I resist the urge to vomit and sit alongside Hades.

"To what do we owe the honor of your presence Lord Hades?" Hades clears his throat. I sense uneasiness in him and speak out, surprising him, and them. "We are here in the search of a person, one of your kind, Skotadi sent us in search of her," One of them walk towards me and I take one step back, not in fear but of the stench. You know, perfume smells nice when a subtle amount is applied, but if you overdo it, the smell becomes suffocating. It's the same thing with evil. And you might say, "Oh, but you're married to Hades, master of all evil, doesn't he smell?" The answer to that is no. And that's because Hades' smell is familiar to me and it is intoxicating, in a perfect way. But this, this is unfamiliar and too much.

"Hmm, Mrs. Hades. Has he informed you of his past with, well, almost all of us." I could feel my eyes twitching with rage. I ask rhetorically, "Am I suppose to care about that?" I can tell that she is anxious just by looking at her. They are all anxious, which is rather strange. One of them though had a seed of fear planted in her. I try not to focus too much attention on her as to not get her attention, but I spotted blonde hair and dark grey eyes. She was looking everywhere but at me. I bring my focus back to Hades' ex. "We're looking for someone," I say. She looks at me and sighs. "Are we the police," I too sigh, at her stupidity. "We come in the name of Skotadi," they all gasp, "name sounds familiar to you." The girl with fear in her looked like she was about to pass out. Suddenly they are all filled with fear. But she, she was over-flowing, so much so that it was starting to have an effect on me. Mrs. Pretty eyes, in front of me, asks me who I was searching for. "We're looking for a traitor. She stole one of your mistress' scrolls and we need it." She looks at me for a second then sniffs the air. "I should have noticed. Shota's smell is all over you." She looks at Hades and a smile spreads across her lips. "We know nothing of Samantha, and even if we did, we wouldn't tell you." The feeling of possession came again, with rage. I wrap one hand around her neck and corner her. "Listen here you rat-smelling blasphemy, if you know anything about this Samantha, it would do help to your life greatly if you tell me now." The feeling that I had with Skotadi was back and I do not feel like myself anymore. "Tell me, bitch." I do not know what changed but suddenly I am underwater, sinking, not drowning but certainly lost. We had found who we were looking for.