Chapter 31

What? Persephone? How?

"Hades, this way, please help me." I hold Hades' shoulder. "This might be a trick." He shakes his head. "I don't think it is. I know that voice anywhere." A wave of jealousy hits me when he says that and I drop my arm to my side. As we approach the cell where the voice is coming from, I notice some little differences. For one, this dungeon is very dirty. Even though this dungeon has not being used for a long time, I recall it being cleaner than its current state.

The woman in the cell is shivering and is in tattered clothing. Her eyes are sunken in and look extremely tired.

"Hades, you've come to save me. Shota captured and was going to use me as bait to lure you in. My husband." This bitch did not just say what I think I heard her say. Hades gulps. I sense the tension in him. "Don't do it Hades," I tell him. "She'll get killed if we leave her here, at least let's get her somewhere safe." I exhale deeply. "Fine." He asks her to go to the side of the wall and with one kick, the door flew off its hinges. He picks her up bridal style. Ouch. "We need to get her to our bedroom. It's secured with a powerful spell." Ouch. We walk out of the dungeon and start walking up the stairs, with me behind him. Ouch.

Zeus! How could I have forgotten about him? Stupid me. I am about to remind Hades about Zeus when a thought came in my mind. For the few weeks, I got to know Xavier, there's something obvious about him, he's not easily broken. So why would he tell me the location of Zeus so easily? Before I can answer my question, I see that the pale skin of Persephone starts to be covered in bulging veins. I run in front of Hades. Sitting on 'Persephone's' neck was Shota's necklace. "Hades, drop her. She's Shota." I try to grab the necklace and immediately feel a huge pulse of electricity flow through me. I immediately pass out.

The bright lights awaken me slowly. I squint and immediately seat upright, but I am brought down with force. My legs and hands are fastened by some type of spring. Standing at the end of my bed is Shota, smirking. She walks towards me and starts waging her finger. "Tut, tut. Someone's being naughty.

" You know, all this would have been easy if you had just allowed yourself to be used by me, at least you wouldn't be dead as you are about to become very soon. That is after I have taken your power, of course, we wouldn't want all that power in you to go to waste." I look to my left and see Hades strapped down to a bed, unconscious, with the same thing as I am. Shota catches my gaze.

"It wasn't hard to fool him. As much as he tries to hide his emotions, I knew he still loved Persephone. Did he really think Persephone was back? Idiot." I try to bring the darkness in me forward; I need it now more than ever.

Almost as though reading my mind, Shota says, "Don't even bother. The straps were made by yours truly." She sits down at the side of the bed. "How you managed to be alive for this long baffles me," I look at her curiously. "Oh, he didn't tell you. You have the power of death, and recently received the power of life. That bitch, Zontanos. I'll make sure to kill her after I'm done with you. Not only those two, but you can also perceive energy. Life and Death cannot co-exist in one person, not even a goddess. You have so much power in you, yet you choose to be tied down to Hades. Pathetic. Don't worry, I'll do you the favour of removing such a heavy burden from you."

The door open and a vampire enters with a tray filled with scary-looking needles and syringes and a small dish containing a green liquid."

"Shall we begin?"