💏Chapter 16💏

"Lucy, I cannot think of anything or anyone but you, that's why I need you to free me, so I can come up with a solution, there has to be a flaw in the spell." We were currently in his room, staring deep into both our eyes. I thought about it, the risks are way higher than before, now, someone else is going to take over my body, and if Hades is not back to his normal and is under my control, he will be bound to her forever. I nod and smiled a sneaky smile. Slowly, I took his jacket off, and then his shirt. He, in turn, took off my blouse and then my black bra. We interlocked hands, looked into each other's eyes, and then we did what we should have done a long time ago.

My eyes flutter open and I could still feel the taste of his blood on my lips, I could still smell him all over me. I could still hear his voice as he declared his undying love for me.

Now, everything's back to the way it was. I get up and see a jean and blouse already waiting for me. Damn, is there no privacy here. I take a shower and put on the clothes, just as I was zipping my jeans up, Hades woke up. "Lucy, um, how are you?" I took a deep breath and turned around. "Look, Hades, you got what you want, so now, save me from Shota." My mouth was saying this but my heart was saying something else. "Yes, yes, but, are you fine, did I hurt you last night?" "Claw marks, numb lips, numb vagina, nothing much." "I am so sorry," This felt strange, why is Hades being so nice, did it work? "Why aren't you being an asshole?"

Hades looked at me with a smile. "Lucy, the reason I am not the same anymore is because of you. Did Scarlett tell you about how I lost Persephone? I shook my head. "Yes, I took her from her mother, but that was because I loved her so much, and I couldn't wait till we got married so I could make love to her. After we got married, she refused to make love with me, I respected her decision, but then, the full moon came, and I just lost it, I forced myself on her, she locked herself in the kitchen and killed herself, the minute I was myself again, I knew what had happened."

"Then, you should have died too." "We were not bound by blood, she refused to become one with me. That night she died, I swore to never love again. When I saw you, I didn't think much of you, in fact, I hated you because the goddess of marriage was so quick to replace her. When we became married, and you became one with me and I with you, I could feel everything part of you, the things that I couldn't see when I first saw you, and I loved everything about it. I thought it was just Cupid playing one of his stupid games, but my ice-cold heart became to melt like an ice would when exposed to heat, and when the full moon came, I became an animal, I was worse than I was with Persephone, and when you went back to Earth, I went crazy." I sat next to him and held his hands. "How crazy?" He chuckled. "Would you consider almost opening the gates of hell and freeing every soul just so they could search for you as crazy" I sat next to him and held his hands. "Oh my goodness, why didn't you tell me?" "You wouldn't let me, and besides, you obviously hated me, what was I to do, all you saw when you saw me was a god wanting to end his misery with your body." I wrapped my arm around him and held him tightly. "It's okay, I'm here now, as soon as we find a solution, and get past this, I'll be here forever," I say, kissing his adam's apple. 

"Can I ask a question?" He nods and I proceed. "Why did you lie?" His looks at me questionably, asking me to elaborate. "At class, you said that Shota got the spell from Earth." He sighs and gives me a small smile. "Because I did not want you thinking that I was some freak that goes around stealing people's souls, even though that is what I do. It's like being ashamed of your job," Oh. "Why do you steal their soul?" I ask. He laughs. "Wow, Lucy, you describe me as some villain ready to steal anyone's soul But, no, I did not steal their soul because they were not coming to me anyway. I only take the souls of those who humanity would be better without, who do you think got rid of Adolf Hitler?" We both laugh. "Did you ever take over their body?"

He exhaled sharply. "Yes, I did take over their bodies, but for a short period of time. After Persephone's death, I hated the humans even more than I did before. So, for enjoyment,"  he eyes me, "I would take over the bodies of the villains, harm the human, then end them." I gasped and he became stiff beside me. "But couldn't Shota just do that, take my soul and leave?" He chuckled bitterly. "Don't you see, Lucy, she doesn't care about hurting you, it's me she wants, she knows that once you're gone, I won't be calm and emotionless Hades. She knows what I'll become and that's exactly what she wants." "Why?" "Shota likes to see people suffer, especially the suicidal ones, she enjoys slowly torturing them and then watch them as they end their life. You really should believe the people in the asylum when they claim that they see things. She knows that once you're gone, I won't think clear anymore, and this will leave openings in my head for her to enter and just mess things up, she'll taunt me with your images, that's for sure, she'll keep on taunting me until I have no choice but to..." I place my now cold index finger to his lips.

"So, how does the spell work?" I ask. "The first step is marking your victim, which is what the goths did to you. I usually marked my victims in their dreams, it was scarier for them that way," he laughs, "the second and last step is injecting your soul into the victim's body which is what Shota did.  It takes a week for the spell to activate. Once it is activated your soul will vanish from your body and go to an unknown place which I have no clue about. After three days of activation, if the spell is not somehow reversed or removed, it is permanent."

I had not realised just how bad I was shaking until I felt his hands soothing me. I am shaking so badly that the world is becoming a blur, and then, as though my light switch were turned off, I black out.

If you are reading this, then thank you so much for making it to Chapter 16 of HADES, thank you so much.
😘😢😢