Chapter 4

The doors swing open violently and the moment I locked eyes with the black-eyed man, fear came upon me. But there was something else. Underneath all that fear, I felt something, I can't put my finger on it but an emotion was boiling deep within me, waiting to erupt. ''Ah, Hades, I see you already recognize your birthday gift. Meet your new wife, Lucy.'' The black-eyed man looked shocked and for a split second, I was sure I saw some light in those eyes. But it was gone as soon as it came. ''Is this what you called me for, Zeus?'' He says. ''Oh my, don't look so shocked, you knew that this day would come. You know that you cannot hide from the goddess of marriage.'' Zeus says. At this moment Hades turned around to face me, and it felt like he was searching through my frigging soul. ''Of all the souls in the world, she had to choose her, I mean look at her,'' Hades says. ''She looks beautiful to me,'' Zeus responds. ''No, I mean, look at her pathetic soul, I will not be seen with someone like this. This is a sham. I request another wife immediately, please, anyone but her.'' This was beginning to sound insulting, so I got up from the table I was hiding behind. ''Hey, that's rich coming from a guy who killed his own wife,'' I say. The two kings stared at me, but I could feel the hate oozing of Hades' body. ''How did you know that? I erased that memory from the history books, from my mind, not even my own brother remembers that event. So tell me, how did you know!'' I turned to look at Zeus who nodded, so I knew I had to comply. '' I don't know. I mean, when we locked eyes, it felt like I had known you my entire life.'' Hades muttered some Greek curse words, which surprisingly, I could understand. He then snapped his fingers, and I felt two strong hands holding me. He then drew a circle in the air and a portal appeared, and compared to my current place, where I was going to looked like hell. Who am I kidding? It is hell.

Hades walked through the portal and was gone, and soon I followed, but this time I didn't walk, I was thrown in. My butt landed on a hard floor and I was picked up again by what looked like mere bones, the remains of a dead person, I assume. The place I was currently was worse than my worst nightmares, bodies were stacked upon one another, you could hear the shrill cry of the lost souls who were not written in the book of life. The air looked poisoned and was tainted with blood which had evaporated into the air, but as I breathe in, the air is fresh, and clean. Strange. ''Drop her at my castle, I have better things to attend to.'' Hades says. I stare lasers into is back as I was pushed into a corner and handed over to more human-like person. ''Ooh, it's the new bride, I'm sure Lord Hades must be so happy, especially what happened to the last queen.'' A woman in her late thirties says. The woman also draws a circle in the air and we enter into Hades' palace.

The Castle looked beautiful but could never size up king Zeus' palace. A guard whose body structure was nothing more than bones led us into a room that was filled with wedding gowns and all sorts that were meant for a bride. '' Where are we?'' I ask the woman. ''For centuries, we hoped that one day, King Hades might find himself a suitable wife, so we built the room especially for the bride.'' I looked around and asked,'' But why would you need a room like this?'' She scrunched her eyebrows as though trying to figure me out. ''Oh don't you know dear, you're getting married to King Hades tomorrow. Plus, tomorrow is a full moon so you might have your honeymoon sooner than later.'' I looked at her in shock. '' What does the moon have to do with the honeymoon him and I shall never have.'' I say. ''Oh honey, you shall have a honeymoon, but, I have already said too much, I have to go call the maidens now to prepare you up.'' And before I could stop her she already drew a circle and was gone. I sighed and began trying the wedding gowns on to see which would fit because they all looked beautiful, but one thing I noticed was that there were no bright colors there, I could not spot a single white gown from their collection, and they looked ancient and Traditional. Still, they were beautiful. I mix and matched some colors, trying to decide what theme I wanted. I finally decided on Navy blue. I put on the gown, which was extremely long at the end. It was designed so that my shoulders were bare and my breasts were the only thing keeping the dress from collapsing.

There were also some headpiece and gloves and heels. I put them together, got a mirror and looked at my work. An applaud came from behind me, earning a gasp from me, I turned around and came face to face with the black-eyed man, again.

e