Chapter 19

4 days left

"You need what!!" I cannot believe what this woman is asking us in return. "I need a human head for one of my rituals. Hades, this is not much and you know this."

Hades gets up his throne. "Lucy, this actually mild compared to what she usually asks for," I really hope my anger is burning the shit out of him, "and Skotadi, you will get the head." Skotadi laughs a really sinister laugh. "Oh, I knew this was too easy, what are the specifications, Skotadi?" Zeus asks.

"Oh, you didn't think that I would ask for just any head. Zeus, do you know how filthy your creations are. I need the head of a young woman that I created. She's a rebel that one, stole one of my scrolls, memorized the spell and then burned it. So, now she's going to pay with her head. I'm going to extract the spell from her dead head," Skotadi says. I feel a small amount of vomit coming up my throat but I push it back down. "I―I don't think I can do that," I say. Skotadi smiles and says, "Are you sure about that?" I stand my ground and say, "Yes, we'll figure out another way." I can sense the tension between Hades, Poseidon and Zeus. They follow me as I leave. "Oh, one last thing, since you're getting so cocky. Since Shota is the most powerful witch after me, only I can remove the spell. That head that you refuse to bring to me is actually your saviour as it has the spell needed to stop your little problem." That stops me in my tracks. This witch is so manipulative. I turn around to a sinister smile on her face. "Why can't you do it yourself?" She seems to be angered by this question. "Listen, you goddess wannabe. As Hades said, I am actually demanding close to nothing from you, and so the least you can do is show that you are worthy of my spell and your freedom by retrieving it." She snarls. "Fine, we'll do it."

She gets up and walks towards me. Then, as she walks, her skin begins to change colour. Not really in colour, but her once clear skin began to be covered in what looked like tattoos, but it looked more like she was branded. She was covered shoulder to toe in tattoo-looking drawings of snakes and venomous animals. Her arm had inscriptions which were written in Greek. They were names, average names of human people, and they were ruled out with one line. "Are these the name of the people you have killed?" I ask with disgust. "Oh, these fools, they were late on payment, and so had to pay with their soul." She says it like it's nothing. "Mind you, she too is a witch and so it will not be that easy." I nod and Hades opens a portal. "One last thing, how are we suppose to find this 'witch' and what does she look like?'' She smiles a sinister smile. "Just to give you even more motivation, you will have to find her by yourself. But don't worry, it'll be easy, she won't be able to resist the dark energy surrounding Hades. I know I couldn't. And watch out for mind manipulations, she'll be the one trying to play with your mind.'' breath in one, two, three. Repeat. I instruct myself. I get up and enter the portal and Zeus and Poseidon follow suit.

We start at New York and I know what you might be thinking, "Are you crazy, what if you run into Xavier again?" Yes, that is something to watch out for, but I have the trilogy with me: Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. It's Xavier who should hope he doesn't run into me. "So, what now, where do we start looking for this witch?" Hades asks. "Honestly, I have no clue where to begin," I answer. "I know a coven nearby, let's start there," Zeus says. "Are you sure that they are not of Shota." "Yes, I'm sure, I actually have a few friends there." I try to hide my anger but Hades obviously felt his insides burning. "You and your 'friends'. Are there any more past lovers you would like to shed some light on, Hades." Hades sighs. "Lucy, Skotadi is someone in the past; she was before Persephone, back then when I did not know better..." I stand in front of him. "I did not ask about that whore, I asked if you had any other past lovers I should know about!" "Yes, I do have more, most of them in the coven we are heading too," he says. "A coven, full your exes, just what I need." My insides are twisting with jealousy. It's kind of sad when you're not his first but he is yours. Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades sigh at the same time. "Can I ask a question?" He hesitates but nodes. "Are you really twenty," he chuckles, ''I'm just asking because that's how old Zeus said you were when I first met him." He laughs while looking at Zeus who too is laughing. "Perhaps Zeus did not elaborate more on that. Yes, I am twenty in my world, but in the human world, I am before your time and so I am not really sure," he says. "But, how is that possible?" "You see, gods age really slowly, extremely slow, meaning it could take millions of years before we reach the age of one in human years." "So, you guys can die too," They all laugh again. "No, Lucy we cannot die naturally we just keep on ageing forever." "But, won't you get fragile bones?" Laughter, again. "Wow, you are really bringing us down to the limitations of humans. Our body stops ageing as soon as we get past puberty; yes we do go through 'puberty'" I'm seventeen, two more years to go. They suddenly stop. "What, are we here?'' I look at the house in front of us and was a bit disappointed, I was hoping for a cave and bones, but this will do. 

So sorry for the long delay, but Chapter 19 is finally out. And if you've made it this far and you're reading this, thank you so much for reading my book. :)