Chapter 18

Wait, I don't know if I'm imaging things, but did you guys just hear what I just heard. Hades and this 'Skotadi' woman they're talking about were once in a relationship. Whoa, whoa, it's hot in here, or is it just the intensity of my inner rage.

Hades starts evaporating from my rage. But right now, he can evaporate and stay in the atmosphere. "Lucy, calm down," Poseidon says. I don't know what suddenly got into me and I scream, "Mine!" I feel someone shaking me and I see that it is Zeus. "Lucy, snap out of it!" My head begins to shake violently and as though I was once blind I could think clearly.

I free myself from Zeus and take five deep breaths and shake my head again to make sure I was okay. "Whoa, what was that?" "You became a whole different person, your eyes became like that of Hades, and your already pale skin somehow became paler. Honestly, for a second I thought you were a corpse." "So, what does that mean?" I ask because I do not ever want to feel like that again, the rage I felt was torturous, I could feel something inside me dying the more the rage increased. "It seems like you might have powers,"

Hades suddenly got up and left, leaving a feeling of unintended worry inside me. "What kind of powers?" I ask. "Well, you are married to the god of the underworld, so you could be the goddess of death." What Zeus says is a smack to my face and I fall flat on my bum on the floor. Me, goddess of death. "Well, now that you have powers, we now have a better likelihood of finding Skotadi,'' "How?" Poseidon plays with the water vapour in the atmosphere, changing it to water, then ice, then back to vapour again. "Skotadi is attracted to evil, which explains her and Hades..." Hades suddenly barges in. "New York," What? I ask in my mind. "Skotadi, she's asked to meet us in New York."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're currently in New York, me, Poseidon, Zeus, and Hades. We enter into a Star Bucks coffee shop and a presence hit my senses, I can literally smell the evil surrounding this place, I follow the scent, it's so sweet one time then sour the next.

Sitting in the corner is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She's too beautiful to even be a goddess. Fiery red hair, naturally tanned skin, her face is so symmetrical, it's like the features of her face were made for each other. And her eyes, oh my gosh, it's not black like that of Hades, to the human eyes, it would seem a bit black, but with my eyes, it was dark red and she had two pupils on each eye, but they were not so far apart that they are obvious.

She looks at me for what seemed like half a second and immediately shifts her direction to Hades, she smiles a radiant smile but he does not return it. I try reading her emotions but I hit a brick wall, literally, it felt like I mentally hit my head on a brick wall. She then smiles at me and gestures for us to sit down. "Hades, what a surprise to see, after all these years, you've decided to settle down. Is marriage life treating you well,'' she laughs then continues, "Is obviously isn't for you to come to me of all people." This got to me. What the fuck does she think she's doing with my husband's emotions. "Hello, my name is Lucy, Hades' wife," I show her left hand, "Hades' ex, or whatever he considers you to be, stop shamelessly messing with my husband's emotions, I may not be able to read yours but I can read his" She laughs a very humourless laugh. I try to breathe but noting is entering my nostrils, where has the oxygen gone too. I start to choke and sparking tears roll down my cheek. All of a sudden, it was back, the feeling from before. I begin to feel something die inside of me and something, or someone, coming to life in me. I feel used as my face moves involuntary and I am looking into the eyes of Skotadi. Her hands fly to her throat and she's trying to remove something from her neck. Her tanned skin starts to look burned, blisters everywhere. She gritted her teeth as to avoid screaming and drawing attention to our table. "Lucy," The familiar smell of Hades refreshes my mind like a cool wind on a hot day. I blink one, two, three times and the feeling was gone.

Skotadi regained her game face but it wasn't so friendly this time. "What are you?" she looks at Hades. "She has powers?" Hades nodes. "Goddess of death," she suddenly smiles, "and Shota. Oh, Hades, what art thou gotten thy self into?" Hades suddenly opened a portal out of nowhere in the midst of all these people. What surprises me is that they don't seem to see the portal. "I masked us," Skotadi says. We both enter the portal, into my castle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The spell can be removed," I whip my head so fast, I'm sure I sprained a muscle. "It can?" "What did I just say." I am too happy right now to even be irritated by her. "How?" Hades, who has been awfully quiet says. "Oh, don't be so fast Hades, you know how it is, I need something in return."

Oooh, she wants 'something' in return for Lucy's freedom, but can she actually defeat Shota, keep reading to find out.

By the way, Hades is at 2.3k reads, OMG, thanks for the love. J