Chapter 32

Shota smiled wickedly and picked up a needle that contained the green liquid. The end of the needle gleamed in the  light wickedly almost as though smiling, knowing what was about to happen.

I hear the sound of rattling  chains and looked to my left. "Don't you even dare, Shota. You cannot take another's goddess's powers." Hades said in a parched voice. He tried again with the chains but was pulled right back down.

"Oh, really. I am powerful Hades, fucking powerful. And don't you," she walks quickly towards him and backhands him viciously, "ever forget that. And if you do, I'll be there to remind you constantly."

She turned to face me and as though like a psychopath, her facial expression immediately switched from rage  to sinister. That smirk was back again. " Once I am done with you my dear, there will be no point in living," She picked up a syring and flicked it.

As she did so, the liquid in the syring momentarily turned pure black, the blackest I've ever seen. What is that? "From the look on your face hon, I guessing you don't know what this is. The green liquid is my blood and the black is my powers," She swats my arm to get my blood flowing, "Let me put this process in a very descriptive way,"  I felt the pain of the prick and held my breath as the needle seemed to sink endlessly into my skin, "As soon as I am done sticking all these needles in you, my power is going to suck the life, including your power, and then it is going to come out of your mouth and into mine and all that's going to be left of you is skin, meat, and bones. Your literal soul will be mine."

She inserted the needles in my belly button,each of my  lap, arms, the sides of my head, and into my heart, which were not so painful until she took a two needles and inserted each into my eyes. Then the pain began.

"The pain will be over soon my dear!" She shouted over my screaming. I could feel Hades's fear for me all over me, clouding my mind. "Two birds with one stone. Once you're dead, he'll be dead too."

I am blind.

The first thing I noticed was my fingers twitching, followed by my toes, then my entire body started shaking, violently, as though in a seizure. I felt my brain becoming fogged and something rising from underneath me to the front, I was mentally pushed to the back. And something sinister took my place, a shiver want down my spine as I realised what was happening.

I feel my arms start to pull violently on the chains. Whilst doing that, I hear Shota whispering something in a different language, but for some reason, I could understand it. She was trying to strengthen the chains. This only seemed to make the other side of me angry because what happened next, I did not know I was capable of doing. I, or should I say the other me, teleported. One second I am in chains, the next my hand is wrapped around Shota's neck. Even though I could not see her, the disgusting stench of evil around her was not hard to miss.

I grabbed her necklace and tore it from her neck, I felt a tingle that I know if I was my normal self would have killed me, but that did not stop me from setting the necklace on fire. As the necklace turned to ash, I felt Shota's skin start to ashen and after five seconds I was holding nothing and felt something like dust on my leg.

I pulled out every syring stuck in me and after taking a deep breath, healed myself.

I can see.

"Lucy, look at me honey, look at me." I could hear Hades voice but it did not seem to register in my mind that it was actually him that was talking and the thing controlling me mistook him for an enemy and grabbed him by the neck, cornering him in a wall. "Love, it's me, Hades," I look at him for a good ten seconds before realising that he was who I thought he was.

And as though my brain was unpaused, I felt like myself again. Looking into the eyes of the god that I love and using the few energy I had left, I screamed,"I did all the work!" I proceeded to collapse in Hades's arms.

---------

"Are you sure she's ok, she seems shaken up," Hades asks the doctor. I woke up an hour ago in a human hospital and he hasn't stopped asking questions, stupid ones like, "Do you have a headache?"and even when I tell him,"No," he still persists. Just as he is about to ask the doctor more unnecessary question, I cut in.

"Doctor, as the patient, I would like to say this for the last time, I am fine. You can go, and I am discharging  myself today, thank you." The surprisingly young doctor smiled and handed me my medical report before leaving.

As soon as he leaves, I give Hades the death glare. "You and I," I point to both of us, "need to talk."