🎊🎈 Chapter 23🎊🎈

One of them hits me and I feel like I just touched a live wire.

I am quickly pulled forward and in a split second, her hand is wrapped around my neck, holding me above ground. I feel my neck bones weakening and constricting. Not to talk about the amount of blood gushing out my neck. She opens her mouth and begins to inhale something through her mouth. I was puzzled to what was going on until I begin to feel numb. She wants to take my soul! I panic, thinking of a way to escape. Acting without thinking, I wrap both hands on the one holding me and push her hard with my feet. She doesn't budge so I climb her torso and slap her using again, my feet. This seems to rile her. I notice her grip on me has weakened so I climb her torso again and go over her shoulder, forcing her to free me. I land firmly on the ground and put the skills Hades showed me into action. I start by grabbing her neck, jumping in front of her and sending her flying. I put my hand on my neck and feel my open skin coming together again. I look to see how the rest are doing. Four is down, remaining eight. 

Hades and Samantha are seriously fighting, but Samantha is clearly the one bleeding. I mean, what was she thinking? I move my focus back to the witch. She's back on her feet, but this time with a smile on her face. I grimace at her. With her mouth open, two snakes come out of it. I am sure my jaw is on the floor right now. But the feeling of surprise is short lived as I see that the snakes are fast approaching me. "Uh, Hades," I whisper. I know I'm a goddess but if there's something I'm afraid of, it's snakes. "Hades!" I scream. In light speed, he was by my side. "What is it?" I point at the snakes. "Seriously, you're afraid of snakes," "Just kill them," I say shakily. Hades smiles. Let him dare laugh. "Why kill them when you can make them your soldiers." He grabs the two snakes by what I assume is their neck and although they bite him, he seems unaffected. I hear Hades whispering something and when he stops, he drops the snakes and goes back to fighting Samantha, who is attacking Zeus. 

The witch and I watch as the two arms pop out of each of the snakes, they each grow a head but with no face and soon you wouldn't know that these two naked men in front of me were once snakes. Surprisingly, they had no genitals. Of course they don't, Hades would rather I get hit by lightning than see another man's genitals. Now that I look closer, they look more like Mannequins than humans. They both have swords in their hands. The witch for once looks concerned. They run towards her and guess what, she runs. Oh no, you don't. I run as best as I can and soon I am in front of her. I ordered the two men, -ish, to restrain her. "Hades, how does one even kill these witches?" Hades is there as soon as I finish my sentence. How does he do that? He has a cut on his left cheek but no blood. Hades wraps his hand around her neck. He flicks a little flame from his finger towards the fireplace and with one go decapitates her. He throws her head into the fire. I notice Zeus and Poseidon throwing heads in there too. "What about her body, won't it start to act all weird?" Hades sighs as if about to teach me my ABCs. A body can't function without its head." "Oh." I smile but suddenly I feel five sharp objects lodged in my back. I feel the blood dripping down my back as I turn to see Samantha with a sinister smile plastered on her blood-drenched face. 

The two soldiers run towards her but she turns her head sharply and just like that, they are decapitated. They turn back into snakes, but dead, and headless. She looked crazy. The amount of evil she has is eating her from the inside. The witches were now down to three, two were being handled by Zeus and Poseidon and Samantha being the third. I remove the daggers from my back. "I'll handle her," Hades says. "No, we'll do it together. I also want the pleasure of ending her filthy life." He nodes and we both run towards her. Her first attempt is to send daggers, but Hades just turns them into dark matter. She closes her eyes and I suddenly feel like some force is pulling at my neck.

🎊🎈Soooo, HADES just made it into the Wattys. 🎊🎈