11. A Home To Forever

one month later

N A N D I N I

The rays of the run slipped inside the room and touched my eyes, waking me up from my sweet slumber as I felt something wet and soft on my cheek. It didn't take me long to recognise that it was my monster, kissing me awake.

His kisses travelled from my forehead, my cheek, my closed eyes to my neck and I tried biting my tongue to control the desperate smile that wanted to break out.

"Good Morning princess.....", he huskily whispered as he kissed me under my ear.

"Good Morning Manik....", I barely whispered lazily opening my eyes as he caged me more in the clutches of his hand on my waist.

His face shamelessly snuggled more into my neck and my hair and I felt ticklish with everything as I held his arm with a smile.

These were my kind of mornings, to wake up in his arms, to be kissed by him, to be loved by him. Everything that relates to him.

It's been a month, a month since that dreadful accident. It's been a month since Manik Malhotra finally kept the proposal for marriage. But me being me, I kept this stupid condition that I'd get married to him only when he gets healed, completely.

It was difficult, but we looked ahead. It requires nights when I couldn't sleep, seeing the same accident over and over again in my dreams. It required nights when he was in pain and I had to stay up with him taking care of him. It required days when we skipped office and sat with the doctor. It required time, care, patience and the most importantly, our love.

We aren't over it completely, but somewhere, we held each other's hands and walked on. It was difficult, but our love managed to over come this too.

"Hey, where you lost?" He asked looking at me lost in my own thoughts as he laid on my stomach, hugging my sides and I smiled.

"I was thinking about us....", I smiled dreamily.

"What were you thinking.....?", he asked entwining my hands with his.

"I was thinking about how this monster boss of mine always kept shouting at me, and suddenly, everything changed. I'm so thankful to my accident that brought us this close.....", I smiled remembering my accident that had made us spend time, that had brought us close, so close.
{A/N: reference to His P.A.}

"Hmm....", he sighed running his head by my stomach making me giggle. "Manik, that's my stomach.....", I giggled and he kissed our entwined hands.

"The stomach that will have my baby one day....." he answered dreamily as he kissed my stomach over my top, making me red like a tomato.

"Manik.....", I whispered as I felt jitters around me. Though I've always pictured it this way, it surprises me. One day I'd be pregnant, Manik will bear my tantrums, he'd take care of me and then we'd have a baby. Our baby.

"What Nandini, won't we do 'it' someday?" He asked battling his eyes innocently as my eyes widened and I hit his chest.

I had turned as red as crimson and I just wanted to hide somewhere. "Manik...." I answered scolding shyly as I hid my face in his chest and he laughed.