13. Toxic

P.S~ this track was decided much before Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan 3 started, so no alterations can be done to the track.

~•~

our insecurities are made of all those who have built and hurt us. And despite breaking deep inside, we all wish for a forever even when we know that it doesn't exist;
maybe that's the power of love, or maybe, that's the power of being broken

M A N I K

Fuc-

"Manik yaaaar....!" She shouted in my ears making me startled.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck. Will this girl ever let me live in peace?

"Kya hai Mukti....", I shouted in an avidly irritated tone and she threw one more file on the counter table.

Why did Nandini have to leave me today?! And that to all alone with this Mukti?! Out of all the days in the world, she chose just this day to have a siblings day with Abhi?! Aur gayi toh gayi, yeh Mukti ko yaha kyu chod gayi?!

"Manik. This is the last time I am asking you, tu shaadi kab karega yaar? Dekh, we are all settled in life. Tu hi bacha hai ab!" She said patting my back and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Mukti!" I fake smiled, "tu kabse yeh Indian mentality rakhne lagi that a person is settled only if he/she gets married.!" I cried.

"It's not about Indian Mentality Manik...", she smiled dreamily. "Nandini is a girl, uske bhi toh thode khwaab honge regarding marriage, aur phir tum dono budhe bhi toh ho rahe ho. Pata chala Mom-Dad ke jaga tum dono ke bache tumhe seedha Dada-Dadi bula rahe hai!" She laughed.

"Joke tha? Hassu kya?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Shaadi. Shaadi. Shaadi. We want MaNan shaadi....", she sang in my ears making me even more irritated.

"Nahi karni yaar shaadi-vaadi, tu chod mujhe!" I shouted back and she immediately kept mum. Subeh-Subeh peeke aayi hai kya yeh ladki?

"Humein bhi shaadi chahiye. Kaun shaadi kar raha hai?" We heard Dhruv laugh as the other three walked in, completing the Fab5.

"Tumhaari hi kami thi, circus pura ho gaya!" I mocked and Cabir rolled his eyes as they all settled themselves around me and I took a deep breath, this was not going to go easy.

"Yes buddy! It's high time that you and Nandini should tie the knot....", Dhruv supported and I threw my head back on the cushion. "Seriously buddy, tu bhi?" I gritted.

"Manik, meine bhi shaadi ki hai, Cabir ne bhi. Not all marriages suck, some are based upon true love.", Aliya assured keeping her hand on mine and I took a deep breath before telling anything.

"Guys, tum-tum.....", I started but trailed away, not knowing from where to start and where to end. "Mukti ko kyu nahi bol rahe ho..", I shouted and she nodded in disbelief.

"I am still single Manik Malhotra! Jab mujhe koi boyfriend mil jaayega, I will get married..!" She smiled proudly and I rolled my eyes. She thinks she'd lie to me and I wouldn't get to know the long calls at midnight that she makes. The only point is, why is she not telling us the truth? Was she Gay too?

"Guys, I- I have seen many relations fail, my parents marriage break in front of my eyes. It's not so easy to suddenly get up and say that I am getting married, okay?" I tried putting it ahead in simple words.