12. Together

~•~

sometimes, life means nothing; atleast till a person enters and colours your grey life, until it means everything just because that person means something

N A N D I N I

We entered inside, and don't think I missed the glares that people gave us. I don't know if it was because Manik was coming back to office after a month, or if it was because I, a personal assistant, was walking inside together with their boss, the Manik Malhotra.

This is the one thing I hate about most people here~ no one knows how to mind their own business, it's very important for them to know about everyone and everything.

He entered the cabin and I entered behind him, with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"God, it feels so nice to be back here.....!" He smiled, throwing his hands in the air as he jumped on his chair after the cabin door closed.

If someone sees how their monster boss behaves behind the closed cabin door, I'm sure they'd end up in the hospital after getting a shock attack.

"Manik, let me update you about everything...!" I smiled, doing my duty as his p.a.

"Not now princess....", he smiled as he held my hand and I fell upon his lap. "Meri office kiss?" He winked.

"Manik...!" I said in a scolding voice as I tried wringling under his arms which went all in vain, ofcourse.

"Manik, if this was all what you wanted to do, we could have stayed at home, right?" I pleaded and his eyes battled with the playful smirk all over.

"Right. I could have held you in my arms, kissed your lips, kissed your eyes, your forehead, your nose, chin, cheeks, neck, collarbone,..", his fingers rubbed my side face.

"Manik...!" I screamed with wide eyes, making his kiss list stop as the red hue crept over my face.

Just then the door creaked open and I immediately pushed him as I straightened myself, looking here and there, highly embarrassed. What if the person had seen us?

"Oh my god! Who is this? The Manik Malhotra....!" The most unwanted person on this planet smiled cheekily.

"Yes, it is me. And don't you know, you have to knock when you enter inside someone's cabin, Harshad Saxena.!" Manik made the rudest comment, rolling his eyes and I glared at him.

"Well, mujhe pata nahi tha that you're back. I thought it would be Nandini, like always, so I entered without knocking. After all, friends do not need each other's permission, do they?" He smiled at me and I nodded my head with the fakest smile possible.

"Oh. So you both are friends now?" Manik asked with no amusement on his face at all. His voice was cold and sharp, just like the old Manik as his eyes darted into mine.

"Yes, we are. In fact, we are like best of friends....", Harshad smiled as he walked to me, placing a friendly hand on my shoulder, leaning upon and I closed my eyes tightly.

This was the worst step he could ever take. I so hope he doesn't end up in the hospital.

I peeped my eyes open to see his dark eyes burning stares at his hand that roughly touched the arm on my skin. His fisted hand and frowning lips weren't a good symbol at all.

I politely moved away from Harshad. "Important call...", I smiled at the boys, moving away from them. But just as I turned behind, I shut my eyes tight in fear as I ran off from there, escaping from seeing someone's death.